1982’s “Heisman Trophy” Award Winer-Former Football Player Herschel Walker Net Worth, Explore All-American Honors Three Times Career
Herschel Walker is a former American professional football player, bobsledder, sprinter, and mixed martial artist. For the University of Georgia, he played college football.
Walker earned consensus All-American honors three times and won the Heisman Trophy in the year 1982. In the year 1999, he was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame.
What is Herschel Walker Net Worth?
Former American professional football player, bobsledder, sprinter, and mixed martial artist, Herschel Walker has an estimated net worth around $12 million. When he was active he signed a 3-year contract with Vikings in 1983 worth around $5 million.
Here’s how Herschel Walker compares his Estimated Net Worth to other players
|Football Players||Estimated Net Worth|
|Barry Sanders||$20 Million|
|Emmitt Smith||$18 million|
|Herschel Walker||$12 million|
|Tony Dorsett||$5 million|
|Walter Paytonm||$3 million|
At that time he was among the highest-paid players. From Vikings, he earned a salary of around $1 million a year plus with a $1.5 million signing bonus. Form Cleveland linebacker, he received an annual salary of around $750,000 believed to be top at that time.
While playing for Chicago he received $700,000 running back Walter Payton. He also signed a contract extension of 4 years in 1985. In the process of him moving from Cowboys to Vikings, he was given $1.25 million exit bonus, two cars, and the house in Edina. It includes two cars, one was a sport-utility vehicle, and the other a luxury vehicle.
In the year 2015, he listed his house on sale in Westlake. The cost of the house was kept on the market for $3.25 million. It is standing on 10,000-square-foot with four bedrooms, four full and four half bathrooms. Also, he signed a $1.8 million endorsement deal with Adidas.
After that a four year deal with Trump worth around $6 million. Similarly, he has a deal with Franklin Sports around $500,00.
His Training and Diet
He is well-known for his unorthodox training and dieting methods. He sleeps five hours a night and eats only one meal a day (skipping breakfast and lunch) according to reports. Similarly, he claims that his diet is made up mostly of soup, bread, and salads.
He has a daily regimen of 750 to 1,500 push-ups and 2,000 sit-ups instead of lifting weights. His famous quote is
“My body is my temple.”
Interestingly, he has been going through this same routine since high school.
Herschel visited the Central Park Campus of Collin College in McKinney, Texas, to discuss his dissociative identity disorder on October 11, 2011. It helps to change the conversation about mental health. The events related to mental health hosted by Ascend Health Corporation.
It is the local chapter of Active Minds, a national organization that unites students in the goal to de-stigmatize mental health issues within the college and surrounding communities.
Herschel has appeared in a commercial paid for by the United States Chamber of Commerce supporting Jack Kingston’s bid in the Republican Party’s primary election for the 2014 U.S. Senate election.
Also, he endorsed Secretary of State Brian Kemp for Governor in the state’s Gubernatorial Election in the year 2018. He was appointed as a Co-Chair of the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness, and Nutrition in 2019.
A Career Journey from Football to as a Mixed Martial Artist
- Herschel Walker began his football career with the New Jersey Generals.
- He joined the United States Football League prior to joining the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League.
- Similarly, he showed his playing skills by associating with Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles, and New York Giants.
- After that, he started a 12-week training camp with trainer “Crazy” Bob Cook at the AKA American Kickboxing Academy in October 2009 in San Jose, California.
- He made his MMA debut on January 30, 2010, Walker defeated Greg Nagy via technical knock-out due to strikes at Strikeforce: Miami. Also, Herschel has outstanding records in the field of mixed martial arts.
- He made his appearances in a Martial arts related reality television show.
- Walker fought a charity fight in Strike Force in the heavyweight division and has a pro-MMA record of two wins and zero loss with Scott Carson, and Greg Nagy.