Who is Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas? Bio, Age, Parents,
Facts of Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas
|Full Name:||Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas|
|Birth Date:||September 2, 1943|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California|
|Father||Harold Lloyd Nicholas|
|View more / View less Facts of Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas|
Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas is a celebrity kid. Moreover, she is popular as the daughter of Dorothy Jean Dandridge an African American singer, dancer, theater, and film actress.
Early Life of Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas
Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas entered this on the 2nd September 1943, in Los Angeles, California the USA. As of 2019, her age is 76 years old while her birth sign is Virgo.
She is the only daughter of Dorothy Dandridge and Harold Lloyd Nicholas. Nicholas holds an American nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity.
Her late mother Dorothy Jean Dandridge (1922-1965), was one of the most famous Hollywood actresses of that period. She was the first African American actress nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress for her role in the film “Carmen Josen” in 1954. Also, she was the first African-American actress to be on the cover of Life Magazine.
Talking about her father late Harold Lloyd Nicholas (1921-2000) popular all over the world for being a dancer and member of the world’s greatest tap-dancing pair called the Nicholas Brothers, along with his brother Fayard Nicholas.
Her Net Worth
Harolyn only came into the limelight as a celebrity kid. She has not been able to have her own career due to her mental disability. Similarly, no information about her parents who were famous personalities at their respective times.
It is a matter of mystery how rich Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas is?
Her Parents’ Personal Life
Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas is mentally disabled so there is no chance of her married life. However, her mother Dorothy was married and divorced twice. Her first husband is Harold Nicholas, an American dancer specializing in tap. The duo married in 1941. The couple shared a daughter Harolyn after two years later.
They divorced after nine years of marriage due to some personal reasons. After that, she married hen to hotel owner Jack Denison. After that, she died under mysterious circumstances at age 42 years only.
Her Mother Death
Dorothy faced several financial losses and bankrupts. She had to give up her parental rights to Harolyn, making her a ward of the state of California. Dorothy died in September of 1965. Likewise, her cause of death is a drug overdose. After that, her father Harold passed away in the year 2000.
Is Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas Still Alive?
There were a lot of speculations that Harolyn passed away in 2003 regarding the main question about her. The news of her death was still unconfirmed.
Likewise, there is no one seems to have any current information on her confirmed. It is a mystery whether she is alive today. If she was alive probably in a mental hospital facility.
Her Father Career
Her late father Harold Lloyd Nicholas an American dancer specializing in tap. He the younger half of the tap-dancing pair the Nicholas Brothers, popular as two of the world’s greatest dancers. Similarly, his older brother is named Fayard Nicholas.
In the year 1935, her father Harold also starred in the MGM musicals An All-Colored Vaudeville Show, Stormy Weather in 1943, The Pirate in 1948, and The Five Heartbeats in 1991 respectively.
- Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas came into the limelight as a celebrity kid of Dorothy Dandridge and Harold Lloyd Nicholas. However, there is no information about her career.
- On the other hand, her mother Dorothy Dandridge was an American film and theatre actress, singer, as well as a dancer.
- Her mother was the most famous black actress to have a successful Hollywood career during that period.
- Similarly, she became the first to be nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in the 1954 film Carmen Jones.
- Also, Dorothy performed as a vocalist in venues such as the Cotton Club and the Apollo Theater.
- As a part of The Wonder Children, later The Dandridge Sisters also performed and appeared in a succession of films, usually in uncredited roles during her early career.
- There is also a biographical film, Introducing Dorothy Dandridge of the 1999 HBO.