Facts of Gio Benitez
|Full Name:||Gio Benitez|
|Birth Date:||October 29, 1985|
|Married||Tommy DeNardo (2016)|
|Break Up||David Muir|
|Net Worth||$4 million|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Birth Place||Miami, Florida|
|Education||Miami Coral Park High School and Florida International University.|
|Gio Benitez Facebook|
|Gio Benitez Twitter|
|Gio Benitez Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Gio Benitez|
Gio Benitez is an American journalist who is famous as Emmy Award-winning broadcast journalist and correspondent for ABC News.
Benitez has appeared in various shows on ABC including Good Morning America, World News Tonight, 20/20, and Nightline. Currently, he hosts the Fusion version of Nightline and has won two Emmy Awards.
Gio Benitez was born Giovani Benitez on 29th October 1985, in Miami, Florida, United States of America. As of 2019, his age is 34 years and his birth sign is Scorpio.
Parents and Education
He was born to Cuban parents while their names are still missing. Gio holds an American nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity.
Talking about her educational history, Gio enrolled at Miami Coral Park High School and graduated in the year 2004. He completed a degree of Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology and Sociology from Florida International University.
Benitez’s Career in a Journalism
- At the age of 17, Gio began his job in the news business at CBS4, WFOR Television as an assistant.
- In the year 2009, Gio became a reporter for WFOR, the CBS-owned TV based in Miami.
- In the following year, he became the first reporter to shoot a TV story entirely with an iPhone.
- Benitez covered the 2012 Presidential election and reported extensively on the Trayvon Martin case.
- In the year 2013, after joining ABC news, Gio had contributed numerous shows including World News Tonight with David Muir, Nightline, and 20/20.
- Previously, he was an investigative producer at WFOR and worked on Medicare fraud, public safety, and government corruption.
- After that, he started working at the station as an Emma L. Bowen Foundation work-study scholar.
- Benitez’s first on-air job was indeed on the radio, the nationally syndicated consumer electronics show, Into Tomorrow with Dave Graveline. Gio Benitez has got two local Emmy Awards.
How much is Gio Benitez’s Net Worth?
Gio Benitez has an estimated net worth of around $4 million. According to some online resources, ABC’s news anchor, Benitez receives $750,000 as his annual salary. Currently, he is living a lavish lifestyle with his husband, Tommy Denardo.
Did Gio Benitez get Married to his Partner?
Talking about his personal life, Gio Benitez is openly gay. He is married to his longtime boyfriend, Tommy DeNardo in Miami, Florida. His husband, Tommy is an actor and writer by profession.
Firstly, they met on Instagram. The gay reporter Benitez and his boyfriend got engaged on 17th September 2015. Later, they got married on 16th April 2016. The couple dated around eight months before getting engaged.
Previously, Gio was in a romantic relationship with ABC co-anchor David Muir. Some online resources claimed that David Muir is rumoredly gay, but he has not accepted this rumor yet. There is no further information regarding his past relationships and affairs.
Currently, the couple is sharing a wonderful wedding life for a long time without any rumors of divorce and controversy. He frequently shares beautiful photos with his partner Tommy DiDario on his official Instagram account.
How is Journalist Active on Social Sites?
Moving towards his body physique, Gio stands at a good height with great muscular appearances. Gio has black hair and a pair of dark brown eyes. Gio Benitez is quite active on various social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
He has over 93.6k followers on his official Facebook account. His official Instagram account holds more than 147k followers. Moreover, Gio has over 63.1k followers on his official Twitter account.