Geddy Lee Wiki, Age, Net Worth 2022,Salary, Wife, Children, Height
Facts of Geddy Lee
|Full Name:||Geddy Lee|
|Birth Date:||July 29, 1953|
|Profession:||Singer, bassist, musician|
|Height:||5 feet 10 inches (1.78m)|
|Net Worth||$40 million|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Education||Fisherville Junior High School|
|Geddy Lee Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Geddy Lee|
Geddy Lee is an influential Canadian singer, musician, and bassist singing with the band named Rush.
Does Geddy Lee have a Brother?
Geddy Lee was born on the 29th of July, 1953 in Willowdale, Ontario. As of 2019, he is around 66 years old. He is the son of Morris and Mary Weinrib. As his father died due to medical conditions, he grew up with his mother. His family was the survivors of concentration camps during World War II.
Geddy holds Canadian nationality and belongs to the Jewish Holocaust ethnic group. He has a siblings’ brother Allan Weinrib. He attended Fisherville Junior High School, where he met his future band-mate, Alex Lifeson.
How much is Geddy Lee Net Worth and Salary?
According to the sources, the net worth of Geddy is around $40 million as of 2022. He made this whopping net worth from his entire music career. There is no doubt that after being such a famous and successful persona, he collected this net worth. However, there is no information about the estimated salary that he charges.
Being a musician, a bassist, and of course a guitarist, he collected this net worth from this struggle. We have no doubts that he is living a decent life with this.
Who is Geddy Lee Married to? How many kids does he have?
A legendary rock singer Geddy is a family man. He married Nancy Young in the 1970s. The couple’s first meet was in 1976 and soon afterward, they began dating. Moreover, the couple would go on to date for a long time before finally tying the knot as man and wife.
Though the exact year in which they got married is not known, they have remained inseparable since they first met close to half a century ago. Likewise, their union has been blessed with two kids; Julian and Kyla. The couple is spending their married life in a blissful environment by living happily together.
Geddy Lee’s Height & Weight
Regarding his height and weight, he stands at the height of 5 feet 10 inches. Lee is a good-looking man even though he has already gone way over the mid ages.
Moreover, he has a slim build and a good height, even though he is not necessarily the tallest you could get on a stage. Geddy has brown eyes with dark brown hair.
- Discussing his career, in 1968, Geddy Lee became the lead vocalist of the Canadian rock band, ‘Rush’, formed in the Willowdale neighborhood of Toronto, Canada.
- After that, in 1973, he released ‘You Can’t Fight It’, along with drummer John Rutsey, as part of ‘Rush’s first single, ‘Not Fade Away.
- Likewise, he also sang, ‘Take Off’, the first hit single for the Canadian comedy album. Moreover, the album sold one million copies and earned a triple-platinum certification.
- Then, in 1982, he ventured into production and produced the album, ‘We Are the World’, for the humanitarian association, ‘The USA for Africa’.
- Likewise, he also performed as a guest singer for the song, ‘Tears Are Not Enough.
- Then, as a devoted baseball fan, he sang the Canadian National Anthem, ‘O Canada’ at the 1993 Major League Baseball All-Star Game.
- Moreover, in 1999, he recorded a rock version of ‘O Canada’ as an accompanying soundtrack for the film, ‘South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut’.
- After that, when ‘Rush’ was going through a struggling phase, he worked on his solo album, ‘My Favorite Headache, which was released on November 14, 2000.
- Likewise, in 2013, he made a brief appearance on the famous American sitcom, ‘How I Met Your Mother’ and played himself on the eighth season episode of ‘P.S I Love You’.
- Geddy’s 1981 hit single, ‘Take Off’ for the Canadian comedy album, ‘The Great White North’, received a Grammy nomination.
- It sold one million copies in North America and earned triple-platinum certification.
- Likewise, it was placed at the number one position in Canadian music charts.
- In 2000, he released his debut solo album, ‘My Favorite Headache’ that reached the number 52 position on the ‘Billboard 200’.
- And the album’s title track, ‘Grace to Grace’ was played on mainstream rock radio.