Gardner Minshew Bio: Facts about American Football Quarterback
Facts of Gardner Minshew
|Full Name:||Gardner Minshew|
|Birth Date:||May 16, 1966|
|Height:||6 feet 1 inches (1.85m)|
|Net Worth||$1 million|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Birth Place||Flowood, Mississippi|
|Education||Brandon High School, Washington State College, East Carolina University|
|Siblings||Callie, and Meredith Minshew|
|Gardner Minshew Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Gardner Minshew|
An American football player, Gardner Minshew plays the quarterback for the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League (NFL).
Early Life of Minshew
The full name of Gardner Minshew is Gardner Flint Minshew II. The player opened his eyes to this beautiful world on 16th May 1996, in Flowood, Mississippi, the United States of America. As of 2023, his age is 27 years old and his horoscope is Taurus. Gardner’s father’s name is Flint Minshew and his mother’s name is Kim Minshew. His mother played college basketball at Mississippi State.
Similarly, he grew up with his two siblings. His sisters’ names are Callie and Meredith Minshew. Gardner holds an American nationality while he belongs to white ethnical background. Moreover, he follows Christianity as a religion.
What is the education qualification of Gardner Minshew?
He went to Brandon High School in Brandon, Mississippi. After that, he completed his graduation from Washington State College in Washington. In the year 2017, he received his bachelor’s degree from East Carolina University located in Greenville, North Carolina.
Is Gardner Minshew single or dating someone?
Gardner Minshew is currently single. He likes to keep his personal matters lowkey so he hasn’t shared any information regarding his dating life. He must be focusing on his career at the moment.
How much is Gardner Minshew’s net worth?
According to some online resources, Gardner Minshew’s is quite a bargain at $1 million for the 2023 season. He signed a four-year, $2.7 million contract with the Jaguars after being selected in the sixth round of the National Football League (NFL) draft with the 178th overall pick.
What is the height of Gardner Minshew?
Gardner Minshew stands at a height of 6 feet 1 inch tall while his body weight is around 102kg. Minshew has light brown color hair while his eyes are dark brown in color.
High School & College Career
- Gardner Minshew was involved in football since his high school days, as he played quarterback for the Brandon Bulldogs from 2011 to 2014.
- During his sophomore year in 2012, Gardner led the Bulldogs to the 6A Mississippi Championship game, where the Bulldogs lost, 23–31.
- In the year 2014, he led the Bulldogs to a South 6A championship in his senior year.
- Minshew was rated as a three-star prospect and the 70th-best pro-style quarterback in his class coming out of high school.
- In December 2014, he committed to playing football at Troy University.
- In the year 2015, he began his football career at Northwest Mississippi Community College.
- After that, he led his team to the NJCAA National Football Championship, passing for 3,228 yards with a 60.8% completion percentage.
- In the year 2016, he transferred to East Carolina University and where he played a total of seven games.
- Gardner split time with Duke University transfer Thomas Sirk as East Carolina’s quarterback in the year 2017.
- So, he began to show his talents late in the season by passing for over 350 yards s in 3 consecutive games (463 yards and 3 touchdowns against Houston, 444 yards and 4 touchdowns against Cincinnati, and 351 yards against Memphis).
- He finished the year with 2140 yards passing and 16 touchdowns for the Pirates.
- He helped to lead Washington State to a school-record-breaking 11 wins in the year 2018.
- In Gardner’s third game as the school’s starting quarterback, he passed for a career-high 470 yards and a school-record 78.9% completion rate in a 59–24 victory over Eastern Washington.
- He won the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award as the nation’s top senior and also he was named the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the year for 2018.
- Jacksonville Jaguars drafted Minshew in the sixth round, 178th overall, of the 2019 NFL Draft.
- Minshew completed 22 of 25 passes for 275 yards, two touchdowns, and an interception in the 40-26 loss.
- His pass completion percentage of 88% is the highest of any player making his debut in NFL history (minimum 15 pass attempts, since at least 1950), and also the highest single-game pass completion percentage in Jaguar’s history.
- He named the starter going forward after it was revealed that Foles had suffered a broken clavicle.
- During Week 2 against the Houston Texans, he finished with 213 passing yards and a touchdown along with 56 rushing yards as the Jaguars lost 13-12.
- In Week 3, against the Tennessee Titans on Thursday Night Football, Gardner earned his first victory as a professional and passed for 204 yards and two touchdowns in the 20–7 victory
FAQS of Gardner Minshew
Who is Gardner Minshew?
Gardner Minshew is a talented American football player who plays the quarterback for the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League (NFL).
Where was Gardner Minshew born?
Gardner Minshew opened his eyes as Gardner Flint Minshew II on 16th May 1996, in Flowood, Mississippi, the United States of America.
Who are the parents of Gardner Minshew?
Gardner is the son of Flint Minshew (father) and Kim Minshew (mother).