Eric Braeden Diagnosed Cancer; Bio | Age and Net Worth 2023 | Wife & Movies
- 1 Early Life of Eric Braeden
- 2 Eric Braeden and Dale Russell’s Marriage
- 3 Eric Braeden’s Past Relationship
- 4 Eric Braeden, Father of a Son
- 5 Eric Braeden’s Net Worth & House
- 6 Eric Braeden is Diagnosed with Cancer
- 7 Eric Braeden’s Height
- 8 Acting Career of Eric Braeden
- 9 Movies & TV shows
- 10 FAQs of Eric Braeden
Eric Braeden is an American actor who gained fame for his role as Victor Newman on the CBS soap opera The Young and the Restless (1960). The Young and the Restless is an American television soap opera. He appeared as Dr. Charles Forbin in Colossus: The Forbin Project and as Dr. Otto Hasslein in Escape from the Planet of the Apes. In 1997, he played the role of John Jacob Astor IV in the movie, Titanic.
Early Life of Eric Braeden
Eric Braeden was born on April 3, 1941, in Bredenbek, Germany. As of now, he is 82 years old. He celebrates his birthday on the 3rd of April and his horoscope is Aries. His real name is Hans-Jörg Gudegast. He was born as the son of Wilhelm Gudegast (father) and Matilde Gudegast (mother). His father was a mayor who died he was only 12 years old.
He has three elder brothers. He holds dual citizenship in America and Germany and belongs to the German ethnicity. Eric follows the Christianity religion. After emigrating to the US, he joined Santa Monica College in 1959. He also studied at The University of Montana which is located in Missoula.
Eric Braeden and Dale Russell’s Marriage
Eric is living a happy married life with his beloved wife, Dale Russell for the past 56 years. His wife, Dale works as an American actress. They met in their college in the 1960s. They walked down the aisle in presence of their relatives on 8th October 1966.
Eric Braeden’s Past Relationship
He was in a relationship with an actress, Charlotte Chatton. They met each other for the very first time on the set of Titanic. Eric and Charlotte dated for a very short period of time.
Eric Braeden, Father of a Son
With his wife, Dale he welcomed their only son, Christian Gudegast. Christian, a filmmaker was born on February 9, 1970. He is the grandfather of three grandchildren.
Eric Braeden’s Net Worth & House
Eric has an estimated net worth of $25 million as of 2023. He is able to earn this hefty sum of money from his career as an American and German actor. Eric earns a salary of $5,000 per episode and $4 million is his annual salary.
He is living in a $4.3 million worth house that covers an area of 3,500-square-foot. His house is decorated by his wife and it has three-bedroom, a stone patio, stone fountains, and a pool.
Eric Braeden is Diagnosed with Cancer
Eric announced that he is diagnosed with prostate cancer via Facebook on April 21, 2023. When cancerous cells were found in his bladder area he is been receiving immunotherapy for both low-grade and high-grade cancerous cells. He found out he has cancer when he was recovering from a knee-replacement surgery with a prostate issue. He said:
“I hate to be this person, but I think this may be good for some older guys who may or may not listen to this.”
His cancer was removed by a UroLift surgery and he started feeling no pain in his urethra.
Eric Braeden’s Height
He stands at the height of 6 feet 1 inch and weighs 83 kg. He has a beautiful pair of dark-brown eyes and his hair is grey in color.
Acting Career of Eric Braeden
- Braeden is an American actor by profession.
- He started appearing in the role of guest in tv shows and movies two decades.
- He even played the role of a German soldier in many episodes of TV’s longest-running World War II drama Combat! from 1962 to 1967.
- Eric appeared along with Marlon Brando and Yul Brynner in a movie, Morituri in 1965.
- He also played in movies like The Man From U.N.C.L.E. as T.H.R.U.S.H and The Discotheque Affair.
- He appeared as Luftwaffe Major Bentz in the TV series Twelve O’Clock High in 1969.
- In the tv series, The Young and the Restless, he played the role of Victor Newman, a self-made business magnate.
- He released an audiobook named, I’ll Be Damned: How My Young and Restless Life Led Me to America on February 17, 2017.
Movies & TV shows
He appeared in movies like Operation Eichmann, Combat!, The Rat Patrol, and The Virginian. Eric also played in movies Dayton’s Devils, 100 Rifles, Hawaii Five-O, and Mannix.
Some of his tv shows are Colossus: The Forbin Project, The Mask of Sheba, Escape from the Planet of the Apes, and The Judge and Jake Wyler.
Awards and Nominations
- In 1989, he won the Soap Opera Digest Award in the category of Outstanding Actor in a Leading Role: Daytime for the soap opera, The Young and the Restless.
- He won the nomination of Favorite The Young and the Restless Actor at Soap Hub Awards in 2020.
- In 2001, he won Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Lead Actor for his work in The Young and the Restless.
FAQs of Eric Braeden
Do Eric Braeden and Peter Bergman really have a rivalry?
Yes, Eric and Peter Bergman have a rivalry offscreen. They didn’t get along with each other. In an interview, Peter once said:
“Eric and I had very different ways of working. What has developed over the years though is a genuine respect for each other, a joy in sharing probably the oldest enmity in the history of television. “The oldest rivalry [they have] and the best rivalry.”
What did Eric Braeden survive?
Eric survived the MV Wilhelm Gustloff sinking. On January 30, 1945, the ship of a military transport of German sank in the Baltic Sea. More than 9,400 people died in the accident.
Why did Eric Braeden change his name?
He changed his name from Hans-Jörg Gudegast to Eric Braeden. When he was offered to play in the movie, Colossus: The Forbin Project, the executive of the studio suggested changing his name in 1980.
So, he changed his name to Eric Braeden. Eric is his family name and Braeden came from a German village.
Did Eric Braeden undergo knee surgery?
Yes, Eric had knee surgery. When he released a 13 minutes video regarding his health on April 21, 2023, he revealed that he had knee surgery.