Dorian Harewood Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Wife, Height, Movies
Facts of Dorian Harewood
|Full Name:||Dorian Harewood|
|Birth Date:||August 6, 1950|
|Profession:||Actor, voice-over artist|
|Height:||5 feet 11 inches (1.80m)|
|Married||Nancy Harewood (1979)|
|Net Worth||$3 million|
|Salary||$60k to $320k|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Birth Place||Dayton, Ohio|
|Education||University of Cincinnati, Conservatory of Music|
|Mother||Estelle Olivia Harewood|
|Siblings||Emerson M. Harewood, Theolanda Harewood, Philip B. Harewood, Floranne E. Dunford, and Lawanda G. Pitts|
|Kids||Olivia Ruth Harewood and John Dorian Harewood|
|View more / View less Facts of Dorian Harewood|
Dorian Harewood is an American actor and voice-over artist who is recognized for his role in movies such as Full Metal Jacket (1987), Space Jam (1996), and Sudden Death (1995).
Early Life of Dorian Harewood
Dorian Harewood was born Willie Dorian Harewood on 6th August 1950, in Dayton, Ohio, the United States of America. As of 2019, he is 69 years old and his birth sign is Leo. He is the son of Emerson Macaulay (father) and Estelle Olivia Harewood (mother).
He grew up with his five siblings, Emerson M. Harewood, Theolanda Harewood, Philip B. Harewood, Floranne E. Dunford, and Lawanda G. Pitts.
Dorian holds an American nationality and belongs to an Afro-American ethnical background. He attended the University of Cincinnati and graduated from the Conservatory of Music in the year 1972.
Dorian Harewood stands at a tall height of 5 feet 11 inches
Who is Dorian Harewood Wife?
Dorian Harewood is married to an American actress Nancy Harewood. His wife is also from the show-biz and whom he met in the movie industry and started dating. The couple tied the wedding knot on 14th February 1979, after dating for a long time.
As for now, the couple is proud parents of two children; a daughter, Olivia Ruth Harewood, and a son, John Dorian Harewood. Moreover, there are no rumors of divorce and they are sharing a blissful relation along with their children.
Previously, Dorian was rumored to be dating the actress Lonetstte McKnee. However, there was no formal verification of both stars. Reportedly, Dorian and Mcknee dated during the production of the movie Sparkle. They both had a notable role in the movie, Sparkle and even had an on-screen match-up.
How much is the Net Worth and Salary of Dorian Harewood?
Dorian Harewood holds an estimated net worth of around $3 million. He earned his fortune from his successful career as an actor and a voice-over artist. He has featured in several movies and TV series and lent his voice to the different characters that helped him gain prosperity.
As an actor in Hollywood, he makes an average salary that ranges from $60k to $320k as per his roles in the movies. Similarly, he makes $20k to $40k per episode from the TV series he features in.
Dorian had a leading role in the 1987 war movie Full Metal Jacket that gathered around $46 million against the budget of $30 million. Also, he starred in the movie Pacific Height that collected around $44 million following the budget of $18 million.
Hope that the figures saved and earned by him, are enough for him and his family to live a lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
Dorian Harewood’s Movies and Tv shows
- Dorian Harewood was the first cast as Simon Haley (father of author Alex Haley), in the ABC short series, Roots: The Next Generations.
- He is famous for his role in Full Metal Jacket, and the character of Jesse Owens in the Jesse Owens Story.
- Also, he has a co-starring role in Strike Force in the television series ABC Television.
- In the year 2012, he is an announcer for NBC. He has appeared as Dr.Julian Wilkes in the NBC TV series titled Viper.
- He has also played the role of Reverend Morgan Hamilton in 7th Heaven which is a TV series alongside Jessica Biel.
- In the year 1994, Dorian was awarded by NAACP Image Award in the category of Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series, Miniseries, or Television Movie.
- That award was given to him, for his recurring role as Clarence ‘Cool Papa’ Charleston on the NBC drama series, I’ll Fly Away.