Donatella Versace Bio, Age, Net Worth 2019, Husband, Daughter, Height
Italian Fashion designer, as well as the current chief creative officer of Versace, a division of Capri Holdings.
Early Life of Donatella Versace
Donatella Versace stepped on this world on May 2, 1955, in Reggio Calabria, Italy. As of 2022, her age is 65 years old. She is the daughter of Francesca Versace and Antonio Versace. She has three siblings named Gianni Versace, Tina Versace, and Santo Versace.
Among her three siblings, her brother Gianni was a fashion designer and he was murdered about two decades ago. She is the youngest child of her parents. Donatella holds Italian nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity.
Who is Donatella Versace’s Husband?
Well, though Donatella is very active in her career, she had many ups and downs in her personal life. Donatella married twice in her lifetime. Initially, she was married to Paul Beck. It was in the year 1987, the couple decided to marry each other.
Paul was an American model. The relationship, in the beginning, was perfect but as it moved further, it turned very bitter and they decide to end their marriage after 10 years of togetherness in the year 1997. From her relationship with Paul, the couple shared two children named Allegra Versace (Daughter) and Daniel Versace (Son).
After her divorce from Paul, she again married Manuel Dallori in the year 2004.
What is Donatella Versace’s Net Worth and Salary?
Well, she is a world-famous designer, and there is no doubt that she has a huge net worth collected from her career. According to the sources, their estimated net worth of Donatella is around $200 million.
Moreover, her company Versace’s worth is around $1.7 billion. As she is the vice president of the company, she also earns a very good sum of money from her company. Likewise, the shares of the company Versace have been divided among her daughter Allegra and her brother Santo Versace.
Moving forward, with Donatella’s guidance, ‘Versace’ moved beyond clothing and expanded its horizon to accessories and home furnishings. The company even operates two hotels morphing Versace into a complete lifestyle brand. Furthermore, in February 2001, she launched her own fragrance, ‘Versace Woman.
Looking at her contributions and dedication to the fashion world, in 2007, Versace was inducted into the ‘Rodeo Drive Walk of Style. Moreover, pop star Prince presented her with the ‘Fashion Group International Superstar Award.
In 2010, she was nominated for the ‘VH1 Do Something With Style Award’ for providing art supplies to children and creating a tote bag, whose proceeds will go to ‘Starlight’ and the ‘ONE Foundations’.
- Discussing her career, in 1979, Donatella moved to Milan to work with Gianni, first as a design assistant and later in the public relations department.
- After that, her brother launched the perfume ‘Blonde’, dedicated to her, and gave her own diffusion label, ‘Versus’, which remains a well-known Versace inner line.
- Then after the murder of her brother Gianni, though she broke, she quickly recollected herself and took over as the chief designer.
- After that, in 1988, she mounted her first couture show for the Versace Atelier at Hotel Ritz Paris.
- Donatella’s first collection was attended by a host of celebrities and she credited its success to the seamstresses and models and dedicated the show to her late brother.
- Moreover, the show became an annual event, with regular guests including Catherine Zeta-Jones, Liz Hurley, Elton John, and Prince Charles.
- Though she had to struggle a lot, she did not give up. In the year 2002, her team most famously designed Versace clothing was a special exhibit at the historical Victoria and Albert Museum of London.
- Donatella gradually started getting more fame among celebrities.
- Her designs became more famous and she even used famous models in her fashion show.
- Likewise, she even started using pop star Lady Gaga as her muse, and in October 2012, in a much-publicized visit, invited the pop singer to her late brother’s apartment in Milan.
FAQs of Donatella Versace
Did Donatella Versace finish her graduation?
She enrolled at Florence University in Italy to pursue languages. As she was very close to her eldest brother Gianni, he encouraged her to take initiation into fashion design.
How old is Donatella Versace?
Donatella Versace was born on May 2, 1955, in Reggio Calabria, Italy. As of 2022, her age is 65 years old.
What is Donatella Versace’s Height?
Donatella stands at a height of 5 feet 2 inches with a matching body weight.