DJ Maphorisa Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Relationship, Height
Facts of DJ Maphorisa
|Full Name:||DJ Maphorisa|
|Birth Date:||September 14, 1977|
|Profession:||South African record producer|
|DJ Maphorisa Facebook|
|DJ Maphorisa Twitter|
|DJ Maphorisa Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of DJ Maphorisa|
DJ Maphorisa, Themba Sekowe, is a South African record producer and Disk Jockey. In addition, he is the former leader of the group Uhuru and HOUSE music producer. He came to the limelight when he co-produced Drake Hit single One Dance.
What is DJ Maphorisa Real Name?
Maphorisa was born on 14th September 1977 in Soshanguve, South Africa. As of 2019, he is 42 years old. His star sign is Virgo. His real name is Themba Sekowe.
DJ holds South African nationality and belongs to the black ethnic group. Likewise, he belongs to Christianity.
What is DJ Maphorisa Relationship status?
There is no information about his personal life whether he is single or married.
Caption: DJ Maphorisa, Producer
Career after 2011
In the year 2012, he formed a group Uhuru with DJ Clap, Mapiyano, and Xeli Mpilo. Their second album, Our Father made waves and went platinum. Actually, it was Mafikizolo’s single, Khona that bridged our access to other African countries. They worked with acclaimed musicians such as David, Sefo Pedo, Wiz Kid, Akon, Diamond Platinumz, Becca and Gaza, and the Doug. Further, Khona also sits as one of the highest viewed singles on Youtube. Even he worked with many stars for the Coke Studio production, where he did a collaboration with American singer, Trey Songz.
Furthermore, his biggest highlights were the release of Y-TjukuTja as it made Uhuru noticed, as well as Soweto Babe, which has many views on Youtube and won him the MTV African Music Awards in 2016 for best collaboration.
DJ Maphorisa’s Career
- Firstly, Maphorisa came to prominence as the leader of the group Uhuru.
- DJ has produced hit songs for Africa’s big stars. Therefore, he is not planning to slow down.
- Even DJ shares, “I grew up in Soshanguve, from a musical and Christian background.
- That’s where my love for music was born.” Similarly, he has started his record label called the New Money Gang Records to promote international acts.
- Continuously, he grew up listening to a lot of music, especially house music.
- He was inspired by some of the household names such as Corry Da Groove, DJ Monde, DJ Fresh, DJ Oskido, and Black Coffee.
- When his dad got him a computer 15 years ago, he used it to learn how to make music.
- He was in grade 11 when he made his first song. Similarly, he feels lucky as his family supported him to a point.
- Then, he started offering music services at local events, such as weddings and birthday parties.
- At the age of 17, he recorded and produced his first album called Funny Face.
- Afterward, a major production that gave him his big break, Putu Putu by Vetkoek vs Mahoota, at the age of 19.
- At that time he was signed to Kalawa. That time, he had already produced hits, such as Jezebel by Professor, DJ Zintle, Matabele by DJ Oskido, Jika by Dr. Malinga, and Ngoku by Busiswa.