Diana Williams Bio, Age, Net Worth, Husband, Kids, Son Death, Height
Diana Williams is a well-known name in news and journalism in America. She is a journalist and successful TV news anchor and anchored the main newsroom sessions on the WABC television network.
Early Life of Diana Williams
Diana Williams was born on July 18, 1958, in Columbus, Ohio, United States of America. As of 2019, she is 61 years old under the zodiac sign Cancer. Diana holds American citizenship and belongs to the white ethnicity.
After graduating Diana earned her degree in economics in 1980 from Duke University in Durham, North Carolina.
Is Diana Williams Married?
The famous journalist Diana Williams is married. She and her husband Douglas Wayne Shanks surpass their three decades of marital relationship. The duo exchanged his marriage vows in November 1985. In 2018 Diana uploaded her wedding photo on the occasion of her 33rd wedding anniversary.
The couple shares three children from their blissful marriage. One of her children is Nathaniel Williams, while the identity of the two daughters is not yet confirmed.
Another interesting fact about her family is that both father and son have had near-death experiences. Douglas suffered from a sporadic disease called amyloidosis in late November 2014.
He was hospitalized in the MSK intensive care unit. At that time, one of his family members helped him with the kidney transplant while being dialyzed for four months. At the moment the couple is living a happy life.
What is Diana Williams’s Net Worth and Salary?
Currently, Diana Williams has $1.5 million in net worth accumulated throughout her career in journalism. And, of course, their fortunes in the coming years will certainly exceed the current amount of her net worth.
As part of her salary, William probably earns a good sum from her current network. According to the survey, ABC News Anchor earns around $ 87,153 as the average annual salary. The annual salary range of ABC reporters is between $ 52,661 and $ 108,353.
What is the Height of Diana Williams?
American journalist Diana Williams has an attractive body figure. Despite her older age, she still has a charm on her face despite aging. She stands 5 feet 6 inches and has kept her weight at an optimal level. Likewise, she looks beautiful with her blond hair and blue eyes.
Is it true Diana Williams’s Son Death News?
On the other hand, her son Nathaniel Williams had a road accident in Panama City in 2015. From now on, he can protect himself well after the incident against the danger.
Career Highlights of Diana Williams
- Shortly after graduating, Diana completed an internship at WTVD in Durham.
- She then began a career on television in Charlotte, North Carolina, where she worked as a reporter for WSOC.
- She then covered the 6 p. and 11 pm show on WBTV as Weeknight Anchor.
- In 1991, Williams joined WABC as a reporter and eventually became a weekend anchor for the network.
- She became co-host of the station at 11 pm. Eyewitness News news program with Bill Beutel within a year.
- In this way, her career in this network gradually increased.
- Williams has traveled the world, posting stories for Eyewitness News, including reports of conflict in Ireland and Israel.
- She also traveled mainly with Pope John Paul II, known for his historic visit to Israel in 2000.
- She also traveled to Baltimore, Maryland; Mexico City, Mexico; Toronto, Ontario, Canada with the Pope. She also reported on the 9/11 attacks.
- Finally, Williams is an Emmy Award-winning journalist.
- She was honored with this award for her half-hour special coverage entitled Dangerous Crossings, which focused on immigration issues along the Mexican and Arizona borders.
- In addition, she was honored for her annual breast cancer specials.