Is Debra Ponzek still Married with her Husband? Her Net Worth 2022
Facts of Debra Ponzek
|Full Name:||Debra Ponzek|
|Birth Date:||August 26, 1961|
|Married||Gregory Addonizio (1994)|
|Divorce||Bobby Flay (1991-1993)|
|Net Worth||$30 million|
|Birth Place||Morristown, New Jersey|
|Education||Boston University, The Culinary Institute of America|
|Kids||Cole, Gray, Remy|
|View more / View less Facts of Debra Ponzek|
Debra Ponzek is an American chef as well as an author who won the Rising Star Chef for James Beard Foundation Award. She is also recognized as the ex-wife of an American celebrity chef, restaurateur, and reality television personality, Bobby Flay.
Debra Ponzek entered this world on 26th August 1961, in Morristown, New Jersey, the United States of America. Every year, she celebrates her birthday on 26th August and her horoscope is Virgo. Debra holds an American nationality while she belongs to white ethnical background.
She studied biomedical engineering at Boston University in Boston but dropped out. As she was always interested in cooking, she attended The Culinary Institute of America in New York City and graduated from there in the year 1984.
What is Debra Ponzek’s Net Worth?
Debra Ponzek has a net worth of around $30 million as of 2022. She earned this impressive amount from her multi-talented skills as a chef and author. On the other hand, her ex-husband, Bobby Flay has a net worth of $30 million.
Debra Ponzek’s Relation with Bobby Flay
Debra Ponzek and Bobby Flay got married in May 1991 at an intimate wedding. They dated for some days before tying the wedding knot. Both of them were nominated for the 1992 James Beard Foundation Award for Rising Star Chef. Somehow, their relationship did not go well, so they got divorced from each other in the year 1993.
Who is Debra Ponzek Currently Married to?
Debra Ponzek is currently married to her husband, Gregory Addonizio. They tied the wedding knot in the year 1994 at a private wedding. In the following year, the couple opened a restaurant, Aux Delices together.
They are blessed with three children, two sons, and a daughter, Cole, Gray, and Remy respectively. Currently, Debra is living a happy and blissful life with her husband and children.
Short Bio of her ex-husband, Bobby Flay
Her ex-husband, Bobby Flay is an American celebrity chef, restaurateur, as well as a reality television personality. Also, he is the owner and executive chef of several restaurants such as Mesa Grill, Bar Americain, Bobby Flay Steak, Gato, Bobby’s Burger Palace, and so on.
He has appeared in several Food Network television programs as a host and guest such as Great Chefs, Mexican Madness DVD, Great Chefs Cook American, Boy Meets Grill, The Best Thing I Ever Ate, The Best Thing I Ever Atem Bobby’s Dinner Battle, and many more.
- After completing her graduation, Debra Ponzek started to work as a sous chef under Drew Nieporent at his restaurant Montrachet.
- Nieporent first spotted her while she was working at Toto Steakhouse.
- Previously, she worked in Chatham, New Jersey, at the Tarragon Tree restaurant, and at Toto Steakhouse in Summit, New Jersey for her internship.
- After working for seven years at Montrachet, she became the executive chef there. Their restaurant was praised by the food critics of New York City.
- Besides, she has appeared on The Food Network’s Sarah’s Secrets and Cooking Live as well as major outlets such as CBS, NBC, and PBS.
- Also, she appeared on the Great Cities television series, the Great Chefs where she prepared three dishes.
- In the year 1994, she separated from Montrachet and opened a restaurant, Aux Delices along with her husband, Gregory in Greenwich, Connecticut.
- Their restaurant has been expanded to multiple sites.
- In her spare time, she also runs cooking classes out of her central kitchen for restaurants.
Award & Honor
While working at Montrachet, she was able to win the James Beard Foundation Award for Rising Star Chef in the year 1992.
As an author, she has published four cookbooks which are The Family Kitchen, The Dinnertime Survival Cookbook, and The Summerhouse cookbook. She received the title of Chef of the Year by the Chefs in the American Association.