Deborah Roberts Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Husband, Child, Height
Facts of Deborah Roberts
|Full Name:||Deborah Roberts|
|Birth Date:||September 20, 1960|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
|Birth Place||Perry, Georgia|
|Education||Henry W. Grady College of Journalism|
|Deborah Roberts Twitter|
|Deborah Roberts Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Deborah Roberts|
Deborah Ann Roberts is a talented American television journalist who has worked in several television networks. Let’s know more about this talented journalist’s career, personal life, early life, and so on.
Early Life of Deborah Roberts
Deborah Roberts was born on September 20, 1960, in a town called Perry in Georgia in the USA as Deborah Ann Roberts. As of 2019, she is 59 years old. She is the daughter of Benjamin Roberts and Ruth. Her father Benjamin was a businessman whereas her mother was a housewife. Likewise, she has one sister named Tina as her siblings.
Bachelors Degree in Journalism
Deborah holds American nationality and belongs to the black ethnic group.
She enrolled at the Henry W. Grady College of Journalism after finishing high school. From the university, she got a bachelor’s degree in Journalism in 1982. During her college days also she involved in many college seminars as well as in humanitarian work.
Deborah Roberts’s Awards and Achievements
She got News And Documentary Emmy Awards for Outstanding Live Coverage two times in the year 2000. Likewise, she also got a Special Classification of Outstanding Program and Individual Achievement. Moving forward she again got Emmy Awards for Outstanding Live Coverage in 2008 and 2010 respectively.
What is Deborah Roberts Net Worth and Salary?
Deborah started her career-long ago and she has achieved so much during her career as a journalist. Bring the part of the famous Network of America, without any doubts, she even earns well. According to the sources, the estimated net worth of Deborah is around $5 million. Likewise, her salary is said to be around $300 thousand.
Along with the journalist, Deborah is also an amazing housewife and a mother. She is spending a very luxurious life along with her husband and her children. Roberts did total justice to her profession during her career and we hope in the coming days also, she will achieve much more from her career.
Are Deborah Roberts and Al Roker still Married?
Deborah is a married woman. She married, Al Roker. Though Deborah and her husband Roker worked as their rivals during their careers, they never shared any ego and negativity in their personal life. The couple got happily married in the year 1995, September 16.
The couple met each other while Robert was a stint at the ABC. Al Roker was already married and had a daughter Courtney, she impressed Deborah very much. After the three years of their marriage in 1998, they gave birth to their first child Leila Ruth. Then again in the year 2002, they gave birth to their other child Nicholas Albert Roker.
Roberts’s Height & Weight
Regarding her body measurements, Deborah stands at a height of 5 feet 8 inches whereas her weight is unknown. She has got black eyes and naturally black hair.
Deborah Roberts’s Career as a Journalist
- After completing her graduation, Deborah started working on WTVM which is a local station in Columbus. After that, she moved to WBIR in Knoxville in Tennessee.
- Then again from 1987-1990, she worked as a field reporter and co-anchor in a local TV station in Florida called WFTV.
- During that time, she became very popular due to her radiating energy and big empathy for people involved in her stories.
- Moving forward in 1990, she accepted the offer of NBC Network and became a member of the NBC News crew.
- This was the main turning point of her career as NBC is the biggest network in America.
- It offered a large amount of independence and financing for her cover stories.
- Then, in 1995, she decided to relocate to ABC Network.
- Likewise, she also hosted the morning news program called “Good Morning America”. In 2006, she became the co-host of The View an ABC talk show.
- In the year 2016, she published a book called “Been There, Done That Family Wisdom for Modern Times”. This book was about how she couldn’t cope up with the death of her father and childhood best friend with whom she was so close.
- Deborah is never afraid to travel the world even in dangerous situations.
- That included the stories that she made in Bangladesh and Africa about maternal health and AIDS.
- She is such a strong woman with a powerful way of presentation and a very strong determination.