Debbie Gibson is an American musician, singer-songwriter, record producer, and actress. She is famous as a teen pop star in the late ’80s with smashing hits like Only in my Dreams, Shake Your Love, and Foolish Beat.
Early Life of Debbie Gibson
Debbie Gibson was born Deborah Ann Gibson was born on 31st August 1970, in Brooklyn, New York, the United States of America. As of 2019, she is 49 years old and her horoscope is Virgo. Her father’s name is Joseph Gibson while her mother’s name is Diane Gibson. She grew up with his three sisters Denise, Michele, and Karen Gibson.
Debbie holds an American nationality and belongs to a mixed ethnical background (German, Russian, and Italian). She completed her education at Calhoun High School with honors..
Has Debbie Gibson been Married?
Debbie Gibson still got her youthful good looks and is quite fit for her age, which she credits to her boyfriend Dr. Rutledge Taylor who is a specialist in preventive medicine. She has never been married but she has gotten engaged once to a former boyfriend Jonathan Kanteman, but they called it off before their wedding. She has been battling Lyme disease since the year 2013.
How much is Debbie Gibson’s Net Worth and Salary?
Debbie Gibson has an estimated net worth of around $5 million as of 2022. She remains a pop icon of her generation as well as a legendary artist who enjoyed massive success when she was a teenager and moved on to movies, television, and theatre
Body Measurement (Height and Weight)
Debbie Gibson stands at an average height of 5 feet 6 inches. Her body weight is around 51 kg. She has a slim and attractive body with measurements of 34-24-35 inches. Debbie has blonde hair and her eyes are brown in color. Her bra size, dress size, and shoe size are 34B, 4 (US), and 8 (US) respectively.
Early life Career
- She began taking piano lessons from Morton Estrin at the age of 5 and she quickly proved herself to be a musical prodigy.
- Debbie wrote her first song when she was just six years old, and in fifth grade, she composed an opera.
- Also, she started performing at a very young age, she began acting in community theater productions from the young age of 5.
- After that, Debbie joined the children’s chorus at New York City’s famed Metropolitan Opera House at the age of 8. Moreover, she found time to enjoy the pleasures of childhood despite her busy schedule as a young songwriter and performer.
- She had built a makeshift studio in her family’s garage and she had begun to dedicate her free time to writing and recording music.
- Debbie won $1k in a songwriting contest as a 12-year-old her parents realized their daughter’s musical talents might turn into a career.
- Astonishingly, by the time she turned 15 in the year 1985, she had already recorded more than 100 of her own songs.
- Debbie first debuted her album Out of the Blue with a single Only in My Dreams which got the fourth spot on the Billboard.
- She got three other singles to reach the Top 5 and in the year 1988 she even entered the Guinness Book of World Records for being the youngest person to have written a Billboard No. 1 song.
- Debbie made her theatre debut with Les Miserables on Broadway and Grease on West End in the year 1992.
- Also, she appeared on-stage in Funny Girl, Beauty and the Beast, Gypsy, Joseph, and Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and Chicago.
- Furthermore, she released Deborah in the year 1996 under a self-label with EMI Records. She released M.Y.O.B in2001 after a five-year hiatus.
- Debbie made a comeback in the media with a nude feature in the Playboy magazine which promoted her new single in 2005.
- A year later, she made her debut in film with the independent movie Coffee Date starring Jonathan Silverman and Wilson Cruz.
- Also, she appeared as the cover girl for Lavender Magazine in 2008.
- She returned to the movie industry with Mega Shark Versus Giant Octopus in 2009 which also starred Lorenzo Lamas.
- Later, she starred in Mega Python vs. Gatoroid in the year 2011 and later appeared as a cameo actor in Rock of Ages in 2012