Who is David Scott Simon? His Career, Net Worth, Wife, Kids
Facts of David Scott Simon
|Full Name:||David Scott Simon|
|Birth Date:||March 16, 1952|
|Net Worth||$1.4 million|
|Birth Place||Chicago, Illinois|
|Education||Nicholas Senn High School|
|View more / View less Facts of David Scott Simon|
David Scott Simon is a well-recognized American journalist and the host of Weekend Edition Saturday on NPR. Simon has been with NPR for more than three decades, beginning in 1977 as Chicago bureau chief.
Moreover, David has won every major award in broadcasting including the Peabody and the prestigious Emmy Award. Moreover, he is recognized as the husband of Alison Berns.
When was David Scott Simon born?
David Scott Simon was born on March 16th, 1952 in Chicago, Illinois, The United States of America. Their birth sign of his is Pisces. His father Ernie Simon was a popular comedian and his mother Patricia Lyons is a popular actress.
His Father’s Death at Young
Similarly, Simon holds an American nationality and belongs to white ethnic background. He grew up in some major cities like Washington D.C, Francisco, Los Angeles, Canada along with his siblings. When David was 16 years old, his father died. Likewise, his mother married another man Ralph G. Newman, who is an author, and a former minor league baseball player.
Talking about his educational qualification, David studied in a local school in his hometown. Later on, he graduated from Nicholas Senn High School.
Is David Scott Simon Married?
Talking about his personal life, David Simons is a married man. Similarly, Simon married his long-term girlfriend Alison Berns in 2001. David’s wife Alison is a television personality, ex-wife of Howard Stern.
However, the couple has not blessed any children yet. But Alison and her ex-husband Howard have shared three daughters together, Emily Stern, Ashley Jade Stern, and Deborah Jennifer Stern. As of now, they are living a happy life together.
Who is His Wife?
David Scott Simon’s wife Alison Berns is a former actress. She has worked with her former husband Howard Stern & film career grew exponentially. Alison featured in many of his projects, including “Negligee and Underpants”, “U.S. Open Sores” and “Private Parts”.
Also, she regularly appeared on his show, “The Howard Stern Show”, as well as appearing on various talk shows while she was married to Howard. After the divorce, she married David and lived a low profile life.
Simon’s Body Measurements
The information about David Scott Simon’s height, weight, and body measurement is not available via any online sources. He has grey hair color with light brown eyes color.
David Scott Simon is active on social networking sites only on Twitter. Similarly, Simon has more than 1.4 million followers on his official Twitter account. Likewise, he is not active on Facebook and Instagram respectively.
What’s David Scott Simon Net worth?
The journalist has earned a huge amount of sum with his professional career. The television personality, Simon has not discussed his actual salary to the public.
However, David Simon’s estimated net worth is to be more than $1.5 million. While David’s wife Alison Berns has a net worth of $20 million dollars. Similarly, he is living a luxurious lifestyle.
The Professional Career of David Scott Simon
- At the beginning of his career, David served at several media stations. The famous journalist David Simon began his professional career from the NPR as Chicago bureau chief in 1997. He worked at NPR for more than three decades.
- Besides his Journalism career, David is also an author.
- Similarly, he has published several books including, Windy City: A Novel of Politics.
- The novel is all about his experience of adopting two daughters.
- Moreover, he also released his first book Home and Away: Memoir of a Fan in 2000.
- Likewise, David received broad notice as host in many Television shows such as PBS’s Need to Know, BBC World News America, NBC’s Weekend Today, and so on.
- Similarly, he hosted the show PBS’s Need to Know from the year 2011 to 2013.
- David Simon was named as a Lincoln Laureate in the world of Business, Communications, and Industry.
- He has won many prestigious awards as a broadcaster including Peabody Award and Emmy Award respectively.