Is David Muir Married? Who is David Muir Partner?
David Jason Muir aka David Muir is an American journalist and the anchor of ABC World News Tonight. Also, he is the co-anchor of the ABC News magazine 20/20, part of the news department of the ABC broadcast television network based in New York City.
Previously, he had served as the weekend anchor and principal substitute anchor on ABC’s World News with Diane Sawyer. At ABC News, he has won multiple Emmy and Edward R. Murrow awards for his journalism career.
Is David Muir Married? Who is his Partner?
As of 2019, David Muir is an unmarried man and single. Going through his dating histories, we can hardly find any gossip about unlike other celebrity. Furthermore, there is no fascinating news in the recent past about his relationship status. However, in recent times, there is a rumor up in the air about his sexual orientation. Similarly, from all his indication, David Muir looks to be gay. But he has not openly accepted or denied the rumors. As he doesn’t like to disclose personal details about himself in public.
Speculated about Muir being gay began after a reported that he was in a relationship with Gio Benitez. The pair who are colleagues met each other in the course their profession. They pictured on many occasions together and also caught spending time at a number of gay bars. Neither of them denied or confirmed the reports about their affairs. The rumor turned out to be true and break up due to Benitez double-timing with Tommy DiDario.However, Muir’s sexual orientation may be gay or may not.
Only David knows about his sexual orientation. Now, talking about Gio Benitez personal life, he openly accepts that he is gay. Similarly, Benitez married his longtime boyfriend, Tommy DeNardo in Miami, who is an actor and writer. They married in Florida on 17 September 2015. The couple dated for eight months before marrying each other.
Talking about his educational background, David attended at Onondaga Central Junior-Senior High School. In 1991, after his graduation, he enrolled at Park School of Communications at Ithaca College. David graduated with distinction from Park School of Communication and earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism.
Also, Muir attended the Institute on Political Journalism at Georgetown University. Later, he studied at the University of Salamanca in Spain and fluent in the Spanish language.
Quick Facts of David Muir
- In Syracuse, New York, the United States, David Muir was born as David Jason Muir on November 8th, 1973 with birth sign Scorpion.
- The name of his parents is Ronald Muir (Father) and Pat Mills (Mother).
- David is the youngest child of his parents and he grew up in Roman Catholic Family.
- He has an older sister named Rebecca Muir and two younger step-siblings.
- He has six nieces and three nephews.
- David is of American nationality and belongs to the mixed ethnical background (Silicon/Italian, English, Scottish, Irish, German).
- David Muir has an accumulated net worth of $7 million and receives a salary of over $5 million annually.
- He entered at WTVH-TV in Syracuse at the age of 12.
- David graduated magna cum laude from Ithaca College in Ithaca, New York.
- He enrolled the Institute of Political Journalism in Washington, D.C. at Georgetown University.
- Muir studied at the University of Salamanca for a semester abroad in Spain.
- He obtained an Edward R. Murrow Award for his work tracking the 9/11 hijackers.
- David replaced Diane Sawyer as the host of World News in the year 2014.
- Once David was rumored to be in a romantic relationship with gay Partner, Gio Benitez.