Danielle Brooks Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Relationship, Height
Danielle Brooks is an American actress as well as a Voice Artist. Her best performance is on Netflix’s original series Orange Is the New Black.
Early Life of Danielle Brooks
Danielle Brooks was born on September 17th, 1989, in Augusta, Georgia, USA. As of 2019, she is 30 years old and her sun sign is Virgo. She grew up in Greenville, South California. She is from a Christian family. Her father is a deacon and her mother is a minister. Brooks began acting at the age of 6 in a nativity play put on by her church.
Her nationality is American and belongs to the ethnicity of African-Americans. She got her higher education from South Carolina Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities. Then she went to the Julliard School for her graduation. From there, she graduated in drama in the year 2011.
Is Danielle Brooks Single, Married, or Dating?
Brooks is a single straight woman. She is presently focusing on her career.
How much is Danielle Brooks’s Net Worth and Salary?
The beautiful actress’s estimated net worth is $1 million as of 2022. As per some sources, some of the lead stars from Orange Is the New Black earns $350k per episode. In the year 2016, she buys an apartment in New York which cost more than $500k.
Awards and achievements
Concerning her awards, in the year 2013, she won the Breakthrough actress in association with the Young Hollywood Award for her performance in Orange Is the New Black. Two years into her career, she won the Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series by Screen Actors Guild Awards for the same role.
In addition, in 2016, she was honored, nominated, and won several awards. She was nominated For Tony Award and Drama Desk Award for Best Featured Actress in a Musical and Outstanding Featured Actress in a Musical respectively for her portrayal in The Color Purple.
Besides this, she won an Outstanding Featured Actress in a Musical in Outer Critics Circle Award and was honored in Theatre World Award for the same performance. The same year, She also won Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series in Screen Actors Guild Awards for Orange Is the New Black. In the year 2017, she won Grammy for her outstanding performance in The Color Purple.
How tall is Danielle Brooks?
She has a perfect height of 5 feet 4 inches with an average weight. Similarly, she has beautiful black hair which matches her dark brown eyes perfectly.
Danielle Brooks’s Career
- Just after her graduation from Juilliard, Brooks was involved in theater productions.
- She was able to win two roles in a theater: the Shakespeare Theatre Company’s Servant of Two Masters, and Blacken the Bubble.
- In 2013, Danielle left theater production after she was cast as Tasha “taystee” Jefferson in the Netflix-produced television series Orange Is the New Black.
- The scriptwriter first had the intention to feature the character Taystee in only two episodes.
- Later, they upgraded the character from a recurring cast member to a series regular.
- Similarly, in September 2013, she also acted in a season 3 TV series of HBO girls.
- She played the first black woman on the show.
- Her performance as Sofia in the Broadway musical of the year 2015, The Colour Purple gave her much critical acclaim and recognition.
- Furthermore, she also featured the character Shanon in the 2015 episode “Indians on TV” of the series Master of None.
- She also has a lent her voice in the pilot episodes of Lasso & Comet.
- Likewise, Danielle has not yet implied her acting skills in movies. However, she has voiced a character in the film Angry Birds.
- She is to appear in the film I Dream Too Much which is in post-production.
- Brooks has gained much fame for her roles also in productions like Girls, Master of None.