Dana Carl Holgorsen Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Children, Height
Facts of Dana Holgorsen
|June 21, 1971
|American head football coach
|Valdosta State University
|McClayne, Logan, and Karlyn
|Dana Holgorsen Twitter
|Dana Holgorsen Instagram
|View more / View less Facts of Dana Holgorsen
Dana Carl Holgorsen is a former player and an American head football coach at the University of Houston.
What nationality is Dana Carl Holgorsen?
Dana Carl Holgorsen was born on June 21, 1971, in the USA and he is originally from Davenport, Iowa. As of 2019, he is 48 years old and his zodiac sign is Cancer. His nationality is American and belongs to white ethnicity.
Growing up, Dana went to get his education from Mount Pleasant Community High School from where he got graduated in 1989. After that, he attended the Iowa Wesleyan College where he played as a wide receiver. He later graduated from thereby earning a degree in 1993.
In addition to that, he also got enrolled at the Valdosta State University, and from there, he graduated in 1995 with a Master’s degree in Health and Physical Education.
What is Dana Carl Holgorsen Salary?
Having a very impressive net worth, Dana has been earning pretty well in his life. His salary is around $3 million and his net worth is estimated at $11 million.
In addition, Houston wanted to hire Dana as its new head coach, according to a report from SB Nation. Houston offered him a five-year, $20 million deal, reports SB Nation. He is living a lavish lifestyle in an attractive way. Moreover, his home is the first luxury residence in the U.S. built completely from cross-laminated timber. He built his home in Morgantown in 2014.
Is Dana Carl Holgerson Married?
Dana Carl was previously married to Candice Holgorsen. There is no more detail found about when and where did they tie their knots.
However, due to some reason, the pair got divorced in 2005. He also has three children together with Candice whom they have named Karlyn, Logan, and McClane.
Furthermore, there are no rumors about his personal as well as professional life in recent years.
Dana Carl Holgorsen’s Career
- Dana Carl Holgorsen started his coaching career in the year 1993 as the position coach at Valdosta State.
- There, he spent his time from 1993 to 1995 as a quarterback, receivers, and special team coach under the head coach Hal Mumme.
- He also spent his time at the Mississippi College from 1996 to 1998 and at Wingate in 1999.
- From 2000 to 2007, Dana Carl was a member of a coaching staff at Texas Tech serving as an inside receivers coach from 2000-2004.
- He also became elevated to co-offensive coordinator along with Sonny Dykes from 2005 to 2006 and offensive coordinator in 2007.
- From 2008 to 2009, Holgorsen coached at Houston.
- After that, he was hired by Oklahoma State in 2010. During that time, the offense of the Cowboy was ranked at number 61 nationally in total offense.
- That same year on 22nd December, Dana moved to West Virginia as an offensive coordinator.
- In 2009, Holgorsen developed a set called the “diamond formation”. Houston’s extremely fast wide receivers were ideal to the style of spread Dana ran and Houston continued using much the same offense after Dana Holgorsen departed to lead the NCAA with over 50 points per game, and 600 yards of offense per game in 2011.
- In August of 2012, he received a new six years contract from West Virginia.
- Recently on 1st January 2019, Dana Carl has resigned from West Virginia for accepting the position as a head coach at the University of Houston.