Contracts of D. J. Augustin, Bio, Net Worth, Wife
The NBA Point Guard, who broke out in 2008 into the League with Charlotte Bobcats the covenant. After his first four years with the Bobcats, he signed with Detroit Piston in 2014 and spent time with Indiana Pacers, Toronto Raptors, and Chicago Bulls.
Augustin’s Parents and Education
Augustin was born on November 10, 1987, in New Orleans, Louisiana. As of 2019, he is 32 years old with the birth sign Scorpio. His full name is Darryl Gerard Augustin Jr. He is the son of Darryl Augustin Sr. (father) and Vanessa Augustin(mother). He also has a sister named Greer Augustin and Mia Augustin. D.J holds an American nationality and belongs to African-American nationality.
Augustin and his family were the victims of hurricane Katrina in 2005 and had to move out of New Orleans. While at the Brother Martin High School prior to Hurricane, he led the team to two state championships. He attends The University of Texas At Austin.
What is the Net Worth and Salary of D. J. Augustin?
D.J Augustin has spent over a decade in the NBA, signing lucrative contracts with different teams. He has a 4-year contract of $29 million fully guaranteed with an average salary of $7.2 million for Orlando Magic in September 2012. D. J. Augustin’s net worth has been estimated at $16 million.
In addition, he’s the 173rd best-paid NBA player this year. He is projected to be the 60th best-paid guard next year. He is living a rich lifestyle with his massive earning with his family.
D.J. Augustin is a married man. He married Brandy Augustin. D.J and Brandy married on August 4, 2012. There is no information about how they met at first as well as their dating history via any online sources. The duo tied the know in a ceremony held at St Joseph Catholic Church in Tulane Ave.
He is the devoted father of daughter Kailey (five years), son of Trey (three years), and son Chase (one year). Besides these, there is no information regarding their marriage. At the moment, the couple is living a happy married life without any issues. Furthermore, there is no news of separation or divorce between the couple and is free from rumors.
D. J. Augustin’s Height and Weight
D.J Augustin has an appealing body figure. He stands at a height of 5 feet 10 inches and weighs 183 lb (83kg). Likewise, he has brown eyes color and black hair color.
D. J. Augustin’s Career
- Augustin played for the Charlotte Bobcats from 2008 to 2012 and debuted in a 96-79 defeat to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- He scored 12 points and two assists in 25 minutes.
- This was after being selected by the Bobcats in the 2008 NBA Draft as the 9th overall selection.
- Augustin has played since his professional debut for a number of teams in the NBA.
- Afterward, saying goodbye to the Bobcats, he signed with the Indiana Pacers. D. J. Augustin debuted with the team in a 90-88 win over the Toronto Raptors.
- He played for 15 minutes, scoring five points, a rebound, and two assists. D.J. also played for the Toronto Raptors, but it only lasted a short while, and the Raptors relinquished him on December 9, 2013.
- He then signed with the Chicago Bulls and on January 11, 2014, he recorded with 12 inserts a win against his former team, the Bobcats.
- Afterward, on March 30, 2014, D.J scored a career-high 33 points in a 107-102 win over the Boston Celtics.
- At the Detroit Pistons, for which he signed in 2014 for the 2014/15 season, Augustin scored a new career-high of 35 points, losing the Toronto Raptors.
- He played for the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Denver Nuggets before he signed a $ 29-million contract in Orlando Magic.
- Augustin had a fantastic record in his high school and college years, but unfortunately, he could not stay in an NBA team long enough to reproduce the form and talent of his younger days on a consistent basis.
- Nevertheless, he is still considered one of the better talents in the league.
- Later, his NBA career status currently stands at 726 games played and starts at 226 with an average of 23.6 minutes.
- He has a ratio of 9.6 points per game with 3.8 assists and 1.8 rebounds per game.