Connie Nielsen Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Husband, Kids, Height
Facts of Connie Nielsen
|Full Name:||Connie Nielsen|
|Birth Date:||July 3, 1965|
|Height:||5 feet 10 inches (1.78m)|
|Break Up||Lars Ulrich (2012)|
|Net Worth||$8 million|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Birth Place||Elling, Frederikshavn|
|Education||Drama school in Rome, Italy|
|Siblings||Ulrich Nielsen, Bent Nielsen, Sos Nielsen|
|Kids||Bryce Thadeus Ulrich-Nielsen, Sebastian Sartor|
|Connie Nielsen Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Connie Nielsen|
Connie Nielsen is a Danish actress. She is widely popular for playing the character Lucilla in the 2000 epic historical drama film Gladiator.
Early Life Of Connie Nielsen
Connie Nielsen stepped this world on 3 July 1965, in Elling, Frederikshavn, Denmark as Connie Inge-Lise Nielsen. Her sun sign is Cancer. She is Danish by her nationality and belongs to the Danish ethnicity.
The name of her parents is Bent Nielsen and Laila Matzigkeit. Her father was a bus driver and her mother an insurance clerk. Her mother also acted and wrote musical reviews. She has three siblings. Her brothers are Ulrich Nielsen and Bent Nielsen, and a sister Sos Nielsen.
She studied at a drama school in Rome, Italy for many years. After that, she moved to the United States to pursue her career as a full-time actress.
Is Connie Nielsen Married?
Nielsen is an unmarried actress till now. She has been in a number of relationships in her life. During her early career days, she dated the famous actor Fabio Sartor while she was living and working in Italy. They together had a son named Sebastian Sartor.
After their breakup, she began a short-term relationship with Huey Morgan in 2003. Nielsen dated Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich from the years 2004-2012. The couple together had a son named Bryce Thadeus Ulrich-Nielsen. Their relationship lasted for 8 years.
However, after that relationship with Lars, Connie has never been in any relationship until now. She is single at the present time and enjoying her life peacefully.
Nevertheless, she was rumored for being in a relationship with Josh Lucas in 2004. Besides that, Connie suffered a serious wardrobe malfunction at the end of May 2017, when she accidentally flashed her derriere in the crowd outside the AOL building in NYC. She has not landed herself in any major controversies.
She started her acting career working alongside her mother on the local revue and variety scene. She traveled to Paris, France at the age of 18, where she worked as an actress and model, which led to further work and take master’s classes.
What is Connie Nielsen Net Worth and Salary?
Currently, Connie’s net worth is $8 million as of 2022. She earned her fortune from her acting career as a professional actress. Apart from that, her movie Wonder Woman made huge money earning $821.8 million in Box Office worldwide.
Connie has a standard height of 5 feet 10 inches and weighs 61 kg. In addition, she has a blue eye color and her hair color is light brown. Moreover, her body measurements are 36-27-36 inches while her sexual orientation is straight.
TV Series and Movies
- She made her feature film debut was the Jerry Lewis French film ‘Par ou its rentre? On the pas du sortir’ in 1984, followed by a role in the Italian mini-series Colletti Bianchi in 1988.
- In addition, She appeared in the Italian film Vacanze di Natale ’91 (1991) and the French film Le Paradis Absolument (1993).
- In the USA, she made her first appearance in a major English-language film in 1997 as Christabella Andreoli in The Devil’s Advocate.
- That movie led to roles in the films Permanent Midnight (1998), Rushmore (1998), and Soldier (1998).
- Afterward, in 2000, Nielsen appeared as Lucilla in Scott’s Gladiator starring opposite Russell Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix. That movie became her biggest breakout.
- Since then, she has also appeared in several Hollywood movies including Mission to Mars (2000), One Hour Photo(2002), Basic (2003), The Hunted (2003), The Ice Harvest(2005), and Nymphomaniac (2014).
- Similarly, Nielsen made her Danish film debut in the drama, Brodre in 2004.
- For which she won the Danish Best Actress Award, the Bodil Award, and Best Actress at the San Sebastian International film festival.
- She was also nominated as the Best Actress at European Film Award for her work in Brodre.
- In the year 2006, she appeared in several episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Detective Dani Beck.
- Besides this, She also starred in the French thriller Demonlover (2002), directed by Olivier Assayas.
- Likewise, she played the Irish mother to an orphan child in the movie A Shine of Rainbows (2009).
Fortunately, for her role in Gladiator, she was in a nomination for Screen Actors Guide Award. However, she did not win the award. She won the Empire Award for Best Actress for the same series. Connie starred as Meredith Kane on the Starz TV series Boss from 2011 to 2012.
From 2014 to 2015, she portrayed the character, Ramona Lytton, in the series The Good Wife. She recently joined the DC Extended Universe. After that, she appeared as Hippolyta in Wonder Woman (2017). Even she worked in the movie Justice League.