Claressa Shields Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Boyfriend, Kid, Height
Facts of Claressa Shields
|Full Name:||Claressa Shields|
|Birth Date:||March 17, 1995|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
|Break Up||Ardreal Holmes|
|Net Worth||$3 million|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Birth Place||Flint, Michigan|
|Claressa Shields Facebook|
|Claressa Shields Twitter|
|Claressa Shields Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Claressa Shields|
Claressa Shields is famous as an American boxer who currently holds the unified titles in two weight classes. Also, she is the WBC and IBF female super middleweight champion since the year 2017, and the WBA and IBF female middleweight champion since June 2018.
Early Life of Claressa Shields
Claressa Shields was born on 17th March 1995, in Flint, Michigan, the United States of America. Currently, she is 24 years old and her birth sign is Pisces. She is the daughter of Marcella Adams (mother) and Bo Shields (father). Claressa holds an American nationality and belongs to the black ethnicity.
Childhood of Boxer-Shields
Claressa Shields had a difficult childhood as her father, Bo got into prison from 1996 to 2004 for a breaking and entering conviction when she was just 1. Her mother, Marcella was an alcoholic and used to leave Claressa and her siblings alone for several days.
Claressa was raped by her mother’s boyfriend when she was young. Her mother did not believe her so she left her mother and started living with her grandmother Joanne Adams.
Her father, Bo was a boxer and started training Claressa after he came out of prison in the year 2004. She completed her high school education at Northwestern High School and later joined Olivet College.
The estimated Net Worth of Claressa Shields is $3 million, What is her annual Salary?
Claressa Shields has an estimated net worth of around $3 million. She became WBC and IBF female super middleweight champion. The ticket for the fight reported around $200. Currently, she makes an annual salary or earnings of about $36,000.
Talking about her endorsements, Claressa is not engaged in any endorsements to date. She has experienced only 1 loss after playing 78 bouts in total, where 16 wins were via knockouts. As for every win an extra bonus of $5000 was given so probably she should have got hands over $390,000 in an amateur career.
Who is Claressa Shields’s ex-Boyfriend?
Claressa Shields was in a serious relationship with her training partner Ardreal Holmes. The couple parted ways after some years of relationship in the year 2017. Claressa broke up with her boyfriend to focus on her boxing career. When she was 19, Claressa adopted her cousin’s daughter, Clarissa Shields because her cousin was killed in the gunfire.
Claressa Shields stands at a tall height of 5 feet 8 inches and their body weight is around 75kg. Her hair is black in color while her eyes are dark brown in color.
Professional Career of Claressa
- At the age of 16, Claressa Shields trained for the Olympic Trials to be part of the first US women’s boxing team and finished up getting three fights in the middleweight division.
- During the 2012 Summer Olympics, she moved into the ring for the first time to compete for Olympic gold.
- Likewise, she went to the World Championships in Qinhuangdao, China, in May 2012 to qualify to fit one of the boxers.
- In the year 2014, Claressa gained the World Championships.
- In the following year, she converted the first American to win trophies in women’s boxing at the Olympics and Pan American Games.
- As a result, she obtained gold at the 2016 AMBC Olympic Qualifying tournament in Argentina.
- Also, Claressa got the gold at the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics by beating Nouchka Fontijn of the Netherlands who is the only American gold medalist in the team.