How much is Chevy Chase Net Worth? What is his Salary?
The 3 times Primetime Emmy Award winner Chevy Chase is a famous American actor, comedian, as well as a writer. Professional since the year 1967, he initially used to work in National Lampoon, before landing into Saturday Night Live (1978-1997) and acting career prominence.
With his successful career of over 5 decades, Chevy has earned massive fame and fortune. Today, let’s know the actual amount of his net worth, and many more interesting facts about him.
How much is Chevy Chase Net Worth? What is his Salary?
Chevy Chase Net Worth and Salary: Chevy Chase owns a net worth of around $50 million as of 2019. The major source of his income is his acting career. During the 80s, his career reached its pinnacle and he earned a salary of around $7 million per film on average. Moreover, his net worth equal to the worth of comedian Steve Carell and actress Mariska Hargitay.
|Net Worth in 2019||$50 million|
|Net Worth in 2018||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||$7 million|
|Income Source||Actor, Comedian, Writer|
Endorsements & Charity Works
At the moment, the details on his earnings from endorsements are not out. During his career height, he certainly pocketed hundreds of thousands of dollars from sponsorships. Reportedly, Chevy endorsed Aflac, Cola Turka, Doritos, and DORITOS Frito-Lay.
Apart from endorsements, he is also an active charity fundraiser and environmentalist. Also, Chevy has associations with many non-profit organizations like Amnesty International, Andre Agassi Foundation for Education, Captain Planet Foundation, Celebrity Fight Night Foundation, and so on. He raised money for the Presidental Elections for Bill Clinton in the 1990s and for John Kerry in the year 2004.
His Property Details
Surely as the owner of a massive multi-million dollar fortune, Chevy lives a lavish lifestyle and owns a jaw-dropping asset collection. He prefers to keep his property empire low-key as possible but is reported to be living in his house in Mount Kisco, New York, the USA, which is estimated to be hundreds of thousand dollars’ worth. The average house price in Mount Kisco, New York is around $622.6k along with a yearly insurance premium of $1.2k.
According to some online resources, he has a collection of luxurious cars like Mercedes-Benz SL550 (starts at $113k), Mercedes Benz SL65 ($218k), and Chevrolet. Apart from expenses on daily life luxury and assets, he also spends on costly suits, travels, and tax payments.
His Tax Expenses
Since Chase lives and owns a property in New York, he is liable to the state’s tax policy. Like all others, his house in New York costs him 1.925% of its assessed value as property tax.
Also, upon the annual revenue of $1 million, he has to pay $466k as income tax, inclusive of 33.12% Federal tax, 2.97% FICA, 6.68% State tax and 3.83% Local Tax.
Awards & Achievements
In 1976, Chevy Chase won his first set of Emmy Awards in the category, Outstanding Writing in a Comedy-Variety or Music Series and Outstanding Continuing or Single Performance by a Supporting Actor in Variety or Music categories for his performances in Saturday Night Live.
He won another Emmy Award in the category Outstanding Writing in a Comedy-Variety or Music Series for The Paul Simon Special in the year 1978. Also, Chevy earned a Golden Globe Nomination Award for comedy-writing and comic acting. In the year 1994, he received a star at the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Chevy Chase’s Career
- After his graduation, Chevy Chase began to work as a member of an early underground comedy ensemble Channel One, co-founded in the year 1967.
- Later in the year 1973, he began to work for The National Lampoon Radio Hour as a writer and cast member.
Movies and TV shows
- Chevy Chase’s career gained a notable call after he joined as a writer for Saturday Night Live from 1975 to 1976 for 30 episodes.
- Later, he became a cast in Saturday Night Live till 1997; other celebrities like Jimmy Fallon, Kenan Thompson, and David Spade have also worked on the show.
- Also, he appeared in the NBC TV series Community (2009-2014).
- Having appeared in small roles in many movies, his acting career took a huge turn after he played Tony Carlson in the 1978 movie Foul Play.
- Some of Chevy’s most acclaimed movie credits are Caddyshack (1980), Seems Like Old Times (1980), Spies Like Us (1985), Three Amigos (1986), National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989), Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992), Orange County (2002), Hot Tub Time Machine (2010), and so on.
Interesting Facts of Chevy Chase
- Chevy Chase was born as Cornelius Crane Chase on 8th October 1943 in Lower Manhattan, New York, the United States of America.
- As of 2019, his age is 76 years old and his horoscope is Libra.
- He is the son of Cathalene Parker (mother) and Edward Tinsley Chase (father).
- His father was a famous Manhattan book editor and magazine writer while his mother was a concert pianist and librettist.
- He has four siblings two sisters, Pamela Cederquist, Cythnia Chase, and two brothers John Cederquist and Edward Chase Jr.
- He went to prep school at Stockbridge School in Massachusetts before attending Riverdale Country School in New York.
- Chevy went on to Bard College in Upstate New York, where he studied pre-med and received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in English in 1967.
- He had begun his career as a member of an early underground comedy ensemble called Channel One which he co-founded in the year 1967.
- Chevy has an estimated net worth of around $50 million as of 2019.
- He is happily married to Jayni Chase in the year 1982.
- He stands at the height of 6 feet 4 inches and his body weight is around 96 kg.
- Chevy is active only on his official Twitter account.