British cricketer Charlotte Edwards is a retired cricketer and a former captain of the England women’s cricket team. Charlotte has played 23 Test matches and 95 Twenty20 Internationals for England from 1996 to 2016.
Early Life of Charlotte Edwards
Charlotte’s real name is Charlotte Marie Edwards. Charlotte’s birthday is on 17th December 1979, in Huntingdon, England. She is 44 years old. Her horoscope is Sagittarius and Charlotte celebrates her birthday on the 17th of Dec every year. She is the daughter of Clive Edwards (father).
Her father is a former player for the English cricket club, Huntingdonshire. Charlotte holds British nationality and belongs to the Caucasian ethnicity. Similarly, she follows the Christianity religion.
Education of Charlotte Edwards
Charlotte completed her education at Ailwyn School. After that, she went to Abbey College, which is located in England.
Marital Status of Charlotte Edwards
No Charlotte is not married. She is currently focusing on her career at the moment. She might start dating the person shortly with whom Charlotte can spend her life together. In the coming days, she might get married.
Charlotte Edwards’s Net Worth
Charlotte has earned a massive amount of money from her professional career as a cricketer. According to reports in 2023, her net worth is more than around £300k earned through her playing career for the England women’s team and also playing for the Women’s Big Bash League club Adelaide Strikers.
Charlotte Edwards’s Height
Charlotte stands at a height of 5 feet 9 inches and her body weight is 67 kg. Likewise, she has beautiful short dark brown hair and has alluring pair of brown eyes.
Charlotte Edwards’s Professional Career
- Charlotte Edwards made her first test debut at the age of 16 during a match against New Zealand.
- She was the youngest player at the time to play for England which was later broken by Holly Colvin who played at the age of 15.
- Charlotte played 23 tests for the England Women’s team and her last appearance was in an Ashes series match against old rivals Australia in the year 2015.
- She scored her first test century against India in the year 1999 at Denis Compton Oval.
- She took over the captaincy from the former skipper, Clare Connor in the year 2005 when the latter retired in the same year.
- Also, she played for the England women’s team in 95 T20 matches. Under her captaincy, Charlotte won the Women’s Cricket World Cup and World Twenty titles in the year 2009.
- She retired from international cricket in September 2017 and is currently the captain of Hampshire women as well as plays Women’s Big Bash League for Adelaide Strikers WBBL.
- Also, she is working as a commentator and sports analyst for BBC.
FAQ of Charlotte Edwards
Why is it called the Charlotte Edwards Cup?
Charlotte Edwasrd cup is named after former England captain Charlotte Edwards.
How is Charlotte Edwards famous?
Charlotte is well-known for being the first player, male or female, to score 2500 runs in T20 international games.
Who was Charlotte Edwards’s father?
Charlotte’s father’s name is Clive Edwards.