Is Poet-Charles Simic still Married to his Wife? Kids, Net Worth & Writing
Facts of Charles Simic
|Full Name:||Charles Simic|
|Birth Date:||May 9, 1938|
|Net Worth||$1 Million – $5 Million dollars|
|Education||New York University|
|View more / View less Facts of Charles Simic|
Serbian American poet and former co-poetry editor Charles Simic is a well-recognized editor of the Paris Review. Also, he received the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry in 1990 for The World Doesn’t End.
When was Charles Simic born?
Charles Simic was born on May 9, 1938, in Belgrade in the Kingdom of Yugoslavia. As of 2020, he is 82 years old. By birth his zodiac sign is Taurus. He was born at the time of war and his family was nearly killed by bombs on several occasions. When Charles turns at the age of four his father emigrated to Italy in order to seek employment. After some time he immigrated to the United States with his brother and mother in order to join his father in the year 1954 when he was sixteen.
By nationality, he holds American citizenship and is of a White ethnic background. He has kept all the information far away from the social media eyes. He grew up in a loving environment with his brother in Chicago. Regarding his academic qualification, he earned his B.A. from New York University while working at night to cover the costs of tuition in the year 1966.
How much is Poet-Charles Simic Net Worth?
Charles Simic has received a handsome sum of money from his successful career. As per some reports, his net worth or net income is estimated to be between $1 Million – $5 Million dollars as of 2022.
Simic has not revealed his annual salary yet and it looks like it is still under review. The primary source of income is from his career as Poet. In the coming days or time, his net worth will definitely increase or rise up. It seems that Charles is living a happy and luxurious life from his earnings with his family.
Is Poet-Charles Simic still Live ing with his Wife?
Talking about the relationship stats of Charles Simic is a happily married man. He has been married to his long-term girlfriend/wife, Helen Dubin. Before tying the knot the couple was very good friends. After dating for a couple of years Helen and Charles their married knot in the year 1964.
Helen and Charles’s duo have not shared the place of their wedding, date, and month. From their marriage, Helen and Simic became the parents of two children.
Likewise, there is no other information regarding his personal life. He has not revealed the name of his two children as well. Besides this, there are no rumors and controversies of his past relationship as well. As of now, the family is living happily. Also, there is no sign of their separation too.
Professional Carrer of Charles Simic
- Charles Simic started making his name popular in the early to mid-1970s as a literary minimalist, writing terse, imagistic poems.
- Moreover, he is also a translator, essayist, and philosopher, opining on the current state of contemporary American poetry.
- In the year 1995, he was elected to The American Academy of Arts and Letters where he received the Academy Fellowship in the year 1998.
- After a couple of years, he was elected a Chancellor of the Academy of American Poets. The famous line he stated himself is;
“Words make love on the page like flies in the summer heat and the poet is merely the bemused spectator”
- Mainly he writes on such diverse topics as jazz, art, and philosophy.
- Behind his success, there is the hand of Emily Dickinson, Pablo Neruda, and Fats Waller who were his influencer and supporter.
- In the year 2007, he was one of the judges for the Griffin Poetry Prize.
- At that time he continues to contribute poetry and prose to The New York Review of Books.
- In the same year, Simic received the US$100,000 Wallace Stevens Award from the Academy of American Poets.
- Moreover, he was also selected by James Billington, Librarian of Congress, to be the fifteenth Poet Laureate Consultant in Poetry to the Library of Congress, succeeding Donald Hall.