Who was Cathy Horyn Married to? Millions of Net Worth 2023 | Books
Cathy Horyn, an American fashion critic and journalist rose to prominence after working as the critic for The New York Times from 1998 to 2014. She also worked at New York Magazine‘s website The Cut as a reviewer of the Fall womenswear shows in 2015.
She is popular as the second New York Times fashion critic who surpassed a retired fashion critic, Amy Spindler. Besides this, she is popular as a huge follower of Belgian designer, Raf Simons.
Early Life of Cathy Horyn
Cathy Horyn was born on 11th September 1956, in Coshocton, Ohio, in the United States of America. As of 2023, she is 67 years old. Every year she cuts her birthday cake on the 11th of September and her birth sign is Virgo. Her parents are Eugene Horyn (father) and Gene Horyn (mother). Her father worked as a newspaperman while her mother worked as a housewife. She spent her childhood with her brother, Rob Horyn.
Cathy has American citizenship and she belongs to the white ethnicity. She follows the Christian religion. Cathy studied at Barnard College. Then, she graduated with a journalism master’s degree from Northwestern University.
Cathy Horyn’s Partner
She is living a single life. Previously, she was married to a co-founder of Liz Claiborne Inc., Arthur Ortenberg. They lived as a married couple until the death of Arthur in 2014. Cathy and Art were married in early 2000 in the presence of their close ones.
More about Her Partner
Her late husband, Arthur Ortenberg was a co-founder of the clothing company, Liz Claiborne in 1976. He entered this world in 1926, in Newark, N.J. United States. He became popular after working for Claiborne’s garment manufacturing company. In the mid-1950s, he worked for Rhea Manufacturing as an executive.
He also released a book for his first wife Claiborne titled, Liz Claiborne: The Legend, the Woman in 2010. Arthur died due to pneumonia complications and kidney failure on February 4, 2014.
Cathy Horyn’s Net Worth
Horyn has an estimated net worth of $1 million as of 2023. As an American fashion critic and journalist, Horyn earned this hefty sum. Her annual salary is $58k.
Cathy Horyn walked The Balenciaga Spring 2024 Show
She, Miren Arzalluz, and Diane Pernet walked on the red carpet for The Balenciaga Spring 2024 Show. They appeared wearing a selection of oversized outerwear and trousers. They sat in front of the red curtain and watched the fashion show.
Professional Career of Cathy Horyn
- In 1986, she debuted in journalism while working at The Detroit News.
- She moved to Washington, D.C., and joined the fashion department of The Washington Post in 1990.
- In 1998, she worked for The New York Times and with famous magazines like Vanity Fair, Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, and International Herald Tribune.
- She also reviewed Oscar de la Renta’s spring/summer collection in September 2012.
- In 2014, she appeared as a self-fashion critic and journalist in the show, Dior and I.
- In 2010, she appeared in Last Seen Wearing and Ultrasuede: In Search of Halston.
- She appeared as herself in the documentary, Martin Margiela: In His Own Words in 2019.
- In 2014, she released a book named, Joe Eula: Master of Twentieth-Century Fashion Illustration.
FAQs of Cathy Horyn
Is Cathy Horyn a mother?
No, Cathy is not a mother. She didn’t give birth to any children during her marriage with Arthur.
Did Cathy Horyn work for Helmut Lang?
Yes, she worked for Helmut Lang. She reviewed New York Fashion Week Spring for Oscar de la Renta in 2018.
Does Cathy Horyn have pets?
Yes, she has a pet named Lab. She has a three years old black lab and surrounds herself with flowers and greenery.