Carol Kirkwood Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Married, Husband, Height
Scottish forecaster, Carol Kirkwood is famous for working on the BBC’s morning program Breakfast.
How old is Carol Kirkwood?
Carol Kirkwood was born on May 29, 1962, in Morar, Inverness-shire, Scotland. Her birth name is Carol MacKellaig. Currently, she is 60 years old with the birth sign Gemini. She is the daughter of Malcolm MacKellaig. She has seven siblings but has yet to reveal their names.
They ran a hotel in Morar. She had a great childhood having good financial knowledge and insights because of the hotel business. Carol holds a Scottish nationality and belongs to the white ethnicity.
She attended a private school before joining Lochaber High School in Fort William for her high school education. She proceeded to Napier College of Commerce and Technology Edinburgh Napier University, where she graduated with a degree in commerce.
Is Carol Kirkwood Married?
She is currently single but was involved in a matrimonial relationship with an ex-hockey player and cricketer Jimmy Kirkwood. Their nuptials took place in 1990 and they spent over two decades of married life together without any friction.
Unfortunately, in 2008, their marriage which appeared to be running smoothly, hit the rocks and they got separated. Their divorce was finalized a few years later but there is no record of any offspring in spite of their long-term union. She does not have any children.
After she became free from her marriage commitment, Carol Kirkwood started another relationship with a new lover, though she declined to reveal his identity to the public.
She was allegedly in a relationship with Steph McGovern who is her colleague at BBC but neither of them came forward to confirm or refute the claim. She is jubilant about her relationship status at the time, so it seems that she isn’t single. And she had just begun seeing somebody, so it was ok, it didn’t matter.
Carol Kirkwood’s Rumors and Controversy/Scandal
Regarding her relationship, there is a rumor about her new affairs with an armed officer who protects the royals. In January 2016, there was a controversy related to BBC presenter Carol Kirkwood that she had described the weather as “cold as f*ck” during a live broadcast.
Which, no action had taken by the BBC. Besides this, there are no other rumors and controversies related to her that we know of.
How much is Carol Kirkwood’s Net Worth and Salary?
Carol’s net worth has been estimated at $4.5 million as of 2022 by a source that is very reliable and also has over $400 thousand dollars of annual salary through her work. However, we were already describing her progression and success. According to her career, she will deserve enormous amounts of money in the coming days.
However, she is also an entrepreneur, because her former husband is famous as a top businessman, so also earned through as a businesswoman. Apart from this she also writes articles on some top-ranked websites and also has invested in the share market.
Besides mainly presenting the weather on BBC Breakfast, she appeared on a number of weather shows like BBC Radio 2’s Chris Evans Breakfast Show, and BBC’s The Weather Show.
Kirkwood has also been presenting live forecasts of the Wimbledon Tennis Championships along with Dan Corbett and Susan Powell as part of BBC’s coverage since 2005. She succeeded to become a co-presenter of BBC One’s the Great British Weather in 2011. And also appeared on BBC One’s Tv series ‘Would I Lie to You?’ in 2014.
In 2015, Carol Kirkwood participated in the 13th series of Strictly Come Dancing partnered with the professional dancer Pasha Kovalev. She ended up with a 10th position.
Carol Kirkwood is a very talented and experienced weather presenter on BBC. she has won the TRIC award for best TV Weather Presenter in 2003, 2008, 2009, and 2012-2017. In addition, she also received a prestigious Honorary Fellowship from HRH Princess Anne on the 17th of November 2015, for her contributions to broadcasting.
Carol Kirkwood’s Career
- Currently, Carol is working on BBC Breakfast and also at the Met office.
- She has a long 20 years of a broadcasting career.
- After completing her BA degree, she joined the BBC’s secretarial reserve in London then she shifted to serve for BBC Radio Scotland and then to BBC Radio 2 and BBC Radio 4 subsequently.
- Then she left the BBC and immediately started working as an associate director in recruitment and as a training consultant for a management consultancy in Cheshire.
- In 1992, Carol started working on a now-defunct cable TV channel and Wire TV, along with Sacha Baron Cohen.
- Then Carol Kirkwood rejoined the BBC as a freelance presenter at Elstree Studios training development in 1993; there she anchored a bi-monthly program Talking Issues for HTV West.
- Before joining as a weather presenter in BBC News, she spent time on the new UK operation of The Weather Channel in 1996, but after it had closed in 1998, she trained under the guidance of the BBC at the Met Office.
- She has been the lead weather presenter on the BBC since 2008 along with various shows and programs including BBC One, BBC News, BBC World News, BBC Red Button, and BBC News at Six.
FAQs of Carol Kirkwood
Is Carol Kirkwood in a relationship?
Yes, Carol is in a romantic relationship with her partner, fiance. They are set to walk down the aisle. Carol got engaged to her man Steve a week before her birthday at the end of May.
Does Carol Kirkwood have a child?
Carol is yet to give birth to a child. She does not have any children at the moment.
How tall is Carol Kirkwood?
She stands at 5 feet 7 inches and her weight is 58kg. She has a nice 38-28-39 inches figure in which she used dress size 10(US). Her hair color is blonde and her eye color is hazel.