Bryant Gumbel Wiki, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Wife, Children, Height
Facts of Bryant Gumbel
|Full Name:||Bryant Gumbel|
|Birth Date:||September 29, 1948|
|Height:||5 feet 9 inches (1.75m)|
|Divorce||June Baranco (1973–2001)|
|Net Worth||$ 25 million|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Birth Place||New Orleans, Louisiana|
|Ethnicity||Louisiana Creole (African and French)|
|Father||Richard Dunbar Gumbel|
|Siblings||Greg Gumbel, Renee Gumbel-Farrahi, Rhonda Gumbel-Thomas.|
|Kids||Bradley Christopher Gumbel, Jillian Beth Gumbel|
|Bryant Gumbel Facebook|
|View more / View less Facts of Bryant Gumbel|
- 1 Early Life of Grayson Chrisley
- 2 How many Siblings Does Bryant Gumbel have?
- 3 Bryant Gumbel enjoying blissful Married life For 16 years with Hilary Quinlan
- 4 Who was Bryant Gumbel’s First Wife?
- 5 What is Bryant Gumbel’s Net Worth and Salary?
- 6 Is Bryant Sick? How’s his health condition?
- 7 Gumbel’s Height and Weight
- 8 Bryant Gumbel’s Career
Newsman and former presenter of NBC’s Today Show, who later hosted Real Sports on HBO.
Early Life of Grayson Chrisley
Bryant Gumbel was born on 29 September 1948 in New Orleans, Louisiana. As of 2019, he is 71 years old with a birth sign is Libra. His birth name is Bryant Charles Gumbel. He is the son of Rhea LeCesne and Richard Dunbar Gumbel.
How many Siblings Does Bryant Gumbel have?
Bryant’s father was a judge and his mother a clerk. He has three siblings named Greg Gumbel, Renee Gumbel-Farrahi, Rhonda Gumbel-Thomas. Bryant was raised by his parents together with his siblings. He grew up in the southern part of Chicago.
Bryant holds an American and belongs to the Louisiana Creole (African and French) ethnicity. Bryant studied at the De La Salle Institute in Chicago. He graduated from Bates College in 1970 and holds a degree in Russian History
Bryant Gumbel enjoying blissful Married life For 16 years with Hilary Quinlan
Bryant is married twice in his life. After a divorce from his first wife, he married for the second time. Sports reporter Bryant married on August 24, 2002, to a blonde beauty, Hilary Quinlan. She was a former researcher for Goldman Sachs.
Who was Bryant Gumbel’s First Wife?
Bryant Gumbel married on December 1, 1973, June Carlyn Baranco. The former couple blessed with two children, a son born in 1978 named Bradley and a daughter born in 1983 named Jillian. In November 2011, her daughter Jillian Beth Gumbel tied the knot with William Russell Robins.
Bryant and Jane’s relationship became acidic over time. In 2000, June Baranco accused the sports journalist’s ex-husband of cheating on her for years with a number of her lover and leaving her bankrupt, despite earning $6 million as a salary.
After her divorce from Judge Mark Dillon at White Plains County Court in August 2001, she received the couple’s Upper East Side apartment and Westchester Estate. She also derived a sizable capital allocation from her former husband.
What is Bryant Gumbel’s Net Worth and Salary?
Bryant Gumbel collected a fantastic net worth of $25 million. He collected his fortune mainly as an American TV sports journalist. From 1982 to 1997 he was a co-host of NBC’s morning news program The Today Show, which made a major contribution to his total assets. Therefore his salary was evaluated at $6 Million.
Bryant Gumble accumulated a huge sum of money and is living a lavish lifestyle along with his family. Moreover, Gumble owns a mansion in Jupiter, Florida house which cost $3.2 million. Likewise, he also has a BMW worth $34,895 to $164,295.
Is Bryant Sick? How’s his health condition?
The former co-host of The Early Show, Bryant, announced in 2016 that he suffering from a health crisis for a long time. There was speculation that he had lung cancer. The truth came to light when he told Live with Regis and Kelly about his illness with Regis Philbin that some tumors had formed around his lungs even though he was not a smoker.
The 64-year-old NBC employee reportedly had to undergo surgery to remove a malignant tumor and parts of his lung affected by the disease. Bryant thanks his wife and family members for their love. The support, which helped him to quickly recover in a short time.
After that surgery, the popular Sportscaster is healthy and active in his lucrative profession and enjoys his life with his supportive family.
Gumbel’s Height and Weight
Bryant is 71 years old, though Bryant is older with his age he looks stunning. He stands at a height of 5 feet 9 inches and a weight of 80 kg. He has black hair color and dark brown eyes color.
Bryant Gumbel’s Career
- Gumbel was hired by NBC Sports in the fall of 1975 as co-host of the pre-game GrandStand game of the National Football League with Jack Buck.
- When he joined The Today Show from 1975 to January 1982, he hosted many sporting events for NBC, such as Major League Baseball, College Basketball, as well as the National Football League.
- He returned to NBC sports when he moderated the first coverage of the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul and the 1990 PGA Tour.
- One of Gumbo’s most memorable moments during his time at NBC Sports occurred when he was on-site for the NFL playoff Epic in Miami between the San Diego Chargers and Miami Dolphins.
- At the end of the game, he told the audience, “If you do not like this football game, you do not like football!” This would be one of his most recent assignments for NBC Sports when he began co-hosting Today two days later.
- Afterward, Gumbel began his affiliation with Today as the program’s lead sports reporter, contributing twice a week to the program, including a regular series titled “Sportsman of the Week” featuring aspiring athletes.
- In June 1981, NBC announced that Tom Brokaw would leave today to anchor the NBC Nightly News in spring 1982 with Roger Mudd.
- The candidates talked about Brokaw’s job the whole summer of 1981 when he was on vacation.
- Gumbel happened to be a candidate for the job when he replaced Jane Pauley in August 1981 as a substitute.
- He impressed executive producer Steve Friedman and other NBC managers so much that he quickly became a top contender for the job today anchorage.