Brett Gardner Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Wife, Child, Height, House
Facts of Brett Gardner
|Full Name:||Brett Gardner|
|Birth Date:||August 24, 1983|
|Height:||5 feet 9 inches (1.75m)|
|Net Worth||$25 million|
|Birth Place||Holly Hill, South Carolina|
|Education||Holly Hill Academy|
|View more / View less Facts of Brett Gardner|
Brett Gardner is a professional baseball player. He is an outfielder in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the New York Yankees.
Inspired by Father
Brett Gardner was born as Brett Michael Gardner on August 24, 1983, in Holly Hill, South Carolina, United States. As of 2019, his age is 36 years old. His father’s name is Jerry Gardner, and his mother’s name is Faye Gardner.
His father was also a professional Major League Baseball player for the Philadelphia Phillies’ minor league team. He was inspired by his father’s success to become a professional baseball player. Gardner holds an American nationality and belongs to the white ethnicity.
Sibling of Player-Brett Gardner
He has one younger brother Glen. He went to Holly Hill Academy in Holly Hill, South Carolina, where he played baseball for the school’s baseball team. After that, in 2001, he attended the College of Charleston. Though he could not get an athletic scholarship, he attended a walk-on tryout in 2001 for the College of Charleston Cougars.
What is the Net Worth and Salary of Brett Gardner?
According to the recent data of 2019, Brett has a net worth of $25 million and his salary is about $11 million annually. Besides this, he also signed a 1-year extension contract worth $7,500,000 with the New York Yankees, including $7,500,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $7,500,000. So in 2019, he will receive a base salary of $7,500,000.
Apart from their earnings, he is also very fond of new cars. He has a brilliant collection of several cars on his list that includes Nissan, Range Rover, Mercedes, and so on. Brett resides in his luxurious house in Summerville, South Carolina purchased this property in 2011 for $1.1 million.
Talking about his personal life, Brett is a married man. He was married to his longtime girlfriend Jessica in 2007. Though they married after dating for a few years, no detailed information was revealed yet about their dating history. It is said that Brett proposed to Jessica for a wedding during spring training on a beach in Clearwater, Florida.
The couples got married on December 1, 2007, at 1st Presbyterian Church on Peachtree, and the reception followed at the Piedmont Driving Club in Atlanta. The couple has two sons: Hunter and Miller. After marrying Jessica, he is spending blissful life with her. Furthermore, there are no rumors about the divorce or separation of a couple.
Brett Gardner’s Height & Weight
Brett stands at an attractive height of 5 feet 9 inches with weighs about 88 kg. Being a player, he has maintained a quite good physique.
Brett Gardner’s career
- Gardner was picked by the New York Yankees in the third round, with the 109th overall selection in the 2005 Major League Baseball draft after his senior year.
- In addition to this, he also received a signing bonus amount of $210,000.
- After playing three seasons in the minor league, Gardner was finally called up for his major league debut on June 30.
- Gradually he became part of the Yankees’ World Series Championship team In 2009.
- After that, on February 23, 2014, Gardner agreed to a four-year deal worth $52 million with Yankees.
- Finally, Gardner was the candidate for the All-Star Final for the 2015 MLB All-Star Game.
- Furthermore, he had his best season in 2016 as he won the Golden Globe Award.
- After that, on 31 October 2018, the Yankees announced they had declined Gardner’s $12.5 million option for 2019, and signed him to a 1-year extension, $7.5 million contracts for the 2019 season.
- Gardner received a number of awards during his professional life.
- On June 28, 2015, he was named AL Player of the Week.
- Gardner is also the Gold Glove Award winner for the 2016 season. he has always been a disciplined and enthusiastic player.
- Gardner is not only a player but also a philanthropist.
- He is associated with the Turn 2 Foundation, which is established to help children and teenagers to avoid drugs, alcoholism and improve their lifestyle.
- Derek Jeter founded this organization in 1996.