Boy George Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Affairs, Partner, Height, Parents
Facts of Boy George
|Full Name:||Boy George|
|Birth Date:||June 14, 1961|
|Profession:||Singer and Songwriter|
|Height:||6 feet 0 inches (1.83m)|
|Break Up||Jon Moss|
|Net Worth||$35 million|
|Birth Place||Eltham, Kent, England|
|Education||Eltham Green School|
|Siblings||Gerald, Kevin, David, Richard, and Siobhan|
|Boy George Facebook|
|Boy George Twitter|
|Boy George Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Boy George|
Boy George is the lead British singer, DJ, and fashion designer, as well as a songwriter of the pop band Culture Club. He is famous for his soulful voice and androgynous appearance.
Early Life of Boy George
Boy George was born in Eltham, Kent, England, the United Kingdom as George Alan O’Dowd on June 14, 1961. As of 2019, he is 58 years old and his zodiac sign is Gemini. His parents are Gerry O’Dowd and Dinah O’Dowd. Holds British nationality, and he is of White ethnicity.
He grew up young with his four brothers (Gerald, Kevin, David, and Richard) and one sister (Siobhan). George claims that he had a lonely childhood and marked himself as the “pink sheep” of the male-dominated family.
He studied at the Eltham Green School but was expelled cause of his bold ideas and preposterous style of dressing and behaving.
Is Boy George Bisexual? Is he Married?
George is an unmarried man and has no children. Previously, he was in a longtime relationship with Culture Club drummer Jon Moss.
In the year 1985, when asked about this sexuality, he said he was bisexual and had various girlfriends as well as boyfriends in the past. Nonetheless, he clarified that he likes both men and women in an interview with Joan Rivers on her 1983 show.
However, there are no recent rumors and controversies. Previously, in 2009 he was sent down for 15 months after falsely imprisoning a Norwegian model, Audun Carlsen, whom he met over the Internet, in his flat, handcuffing him to a wall and beating him.
How much is Boy George’s Net Worth?
Currently, he has a net worth of around $35 million as of 2022. Similarly, he earns millions from his successful musical career. Likewise, the highest earning of his career was in 1983 with record sales of $6.7 million.
Furthermore, his earnings in 1982, from the album Kissing to Be Clever was $1.6 million. Moreover, he earned $1.9 million from the 1984 album Waking Up with the House on Fire.
Besides this, his earnings in 1998, from the record sales of the album Greatest Moments were $300,000. He earned $100,000 from his album At Worst… The Best of Boy George in 1993.
Body Measurement (Height & Weight)
His height is noticed to be 6 feet tall along with an average weight of 80kg. In addition, his eyes look blue and his hair is brown.
Career and Songs
- In the beginning phase, he engaged in petty jobs to sustain himself.
- When he was thrown out of the school as he was not fully accepted by his family for who he was.
- He was even engaged as a fruit picker, milliner, and so on. During the 1980s, The New Romantic Movement emerged in the U.K where George’s flamboyant style caught the attention of Malcolm McLaren, and was accepted to join ‘Bow Wow Wow’.
- George established his own band with bassist Mikey Craig, drummer Jon Moss, and Roy Hay which had people from different ethnic cultures and beliefs in their group that become a reason behind their band so-called ‘Culture Club’.
- In 1982 Culture club’s first album ‘Kissing To Be Clever’ got released and the hit single ‘Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?’ established him as a talented singer all over the world. He played himself in an episode of the television series ‘The A-Team’ in 1986.
- He released the album ‘Coming Home’ in 2013 which was released digitally for the first time and reached number 2 on the Juno Download Chart.
- Additionally, his musical performance, Taboo, at the Venue was nominated for a 2003 Laurence Olivier Theatre Award as the Hilton Awards for Best New Musical of 2002. Likewise, he was selected for Broadway’s 2004 Tony Award for Best Score (Music and/or Lyrics) for “Taboo”.