Canadian hockey commentator, Bob McKenzie is famous for working on The TSN Hockey Bob Cast show at TSN which he joined in the year 1986. Apart from that, he has broadcasted several major sports events.
His dedication and work ethic have driven him to become better with each passing day due to which he has received numerous fans. They are curious to know his earnings, salary, and so on. In this article, we’ll discuss many things regarding his career so stay with us!
How much is Bob McKenzie’s Net Worth?
Bob McKenzie has been able to garner a good amount through his professional career as a hockey commentator. Bob has an estimated net worth of around $10 million as of 2021. His net worth includes all of his earnings, assets, salary, and so on but he is yet to share the details regarding his estates and other assets with the media.
Besides, Bob is surely earning a decent amount through endorsements, advertisements, and sponsorships of several sports brands and companies. He is working for the TSN Network since 1986 so there is no doubt his net worth will surely rise higher than this in the upcoming days.
What is Bob McKenzie’s Salary?
As we have already mentioned, Bob is one of the most prominent figures in hockey or world sports, so there is no doubt he earns a hefty amount as his salary. He has been earning an annual salary of around $500k from his successful reporting career with TSN. Along with his career, the figure of Bob’s salary will definetly increase higher than this in the future days.
How much do NHL commentators get paid?
NHL commentators earn a good sum through several networks and agencies. According to some reported online resources. the range of salaries of NHL commentators ranges from $18,824 and $75,754 per year.
Does Bob McKenzie still work for TSN?
Yes, Bob is still working for TSN. He signed a five-year contract extension with TSN in the year 2019. It has been more than 36 years and he is still working there as their most prominent figure.
Professional Career of Bob McKenzie
- Bob started his professional career working at a newspaper job at The Sault Star in the year 1979.
- Later, he left the job and moved back to Toronto to earn a job at one of the mainstream papers.
- He worked as a copy editor in The Globe and Mail’s sports department.
- Bob worked as editor-in-chief of The Hockey News for nine years.
- After that, he appeared in half-hour segments on The Sports Network (TSN), and since then, he works with the same network.
- In the year 1991, he joined the Toronto Star as a hockey columnist and worked there until 1998.
Awards & Achievements of Bob MacKenzie
- To date, Bob has won numerous prestigious awards.
- In the year 2008, he received the Gemini Award for Best Studio Analyst.
- In 2015, he received another award of the Elmer Ferguson Memorial Award.
- Also, he has received the Best Sports Analyst at the 2016 Canadian Screen award.
- In 2017, he got inducted into the Whitby Hall of Fame.
Quick Facts of Bob MacKenzie
- Bob opened his eyes on 16th August 1956, in Toronto, Canada.
- As of 2021, he is at the age of 65 years old while his horoscope is Leo.
- His birth name is Robert Malcomson McKenzie.
- His parents are Maureen Mckenzie (mother) and Bob Mckenzie Sr (father).
- By nationality, Bob is Canadian while he belongs to white ethnical background.
- He is happily married to his wife, Cindy McKenzie since 1980.
- He has two sons, Shawn McKenzie and Mike McKenzie.
- Bob stands at a height of 5 feet 10 inches tall while his body weight is 93kg.
- Bob has white-colored hair while her eyes are hazel in color.