Bob Cole Wiki, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Wife, Child, Family, Height
Facts of Bob Cole
|Full Name:||Bob Cole|
|Birth Date:||June 24, 1933|
|Saying:||"I'd like to keep going. I feel good. I love the game. I still get passionate. I still get butterflies."|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Birth Place||St. John's, Newfoundland|
|Bob Cole Twitter|
|View more / View less Facts of Bob Cole|
He is a well-known TV sportscaster and performs mainly in the sports section.
Early Life of Bob Cole
Bob Cole was born as a Robert Cecil Cole on June 24, 1933, in St. John’s, Newfoundland, to Canadian parents. As of 2019, he is 86 years old under the birth sign of Cancer. Bob holds Canadian nationality and belongs to the White ethnic group.
A knee injury from football brought Cole to the hospital for about six months as a teenager. During that time he listened to Foster Hewitt calling games on the radio and developed an interest in becoming a sports announcer.
What is Bob Cole Salary?
Currently, Bob Cole receives an annual salary of $200,000 for his successful career as a reporter at Hockey Night in Canada. As of 2019, Bob Cole has an estimated net worth of $10 million. In addition, the Hockey Night reporter in Canada receives an additional sum of money from his radio and television guest appearances as a sports expert.
Not to mention that Cole is one of the most popular squat nights in Canada, has made a successful career as a sports anchor. As a popular sports network in Canada, Hockey Night paying high wages to its sports organizers.
Not only did he work for the squatting nights, but he also added an extra amount of money to another sports network and his net worth.
Bob Cole’s Personal Life
The 86-year-old famous British athlete has a charming personality. Bob Cole did not share his private life through social media. Despite his age, Bob is still working actively, keeping away from rumors and controversy.
Bob wrote about his life in a book titled “Now I Catching On,” his autobiography. In his autobiography, he mentioned his daughter and her name is Megan. Besides that, there is no information about his personal life. There is no information about his wife nor a girlfriend. He currently lives with his family in Canada and has a nice home there.
Bob Cole’s Career
- Cole began his career with VOCM Radio as their station in St. John’s, NL., and after joining the Hockey Nights in Canada in 1973.
- Bob was also the HNIC play-by-play announcer on CBC. In addition, Bob sends at least one Stanley Cup final and was later replaced by Jim Hughson.
Cole said in one of his statements at the age of 82,
“I’d like to keep going. I feel good. I love the game. I still get passionate. I still get butterflies.”
- Bob’s last and 50th season at Hockey Nights in Canada was announced by Sportsnet on September 27, 2018.
- He also broadcast the 1998 Nagano Olympic Games. Bob’s animated call for the second goal of the game by Joe Sakic is also one of his most memorable moments at the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympic Gold Medal between Canada and the United States.
- Bob Cole also broadcasts the most-watched program by CBC Sports with 10.6 million viewers.
- He has also commented on Harry Neale’s color commentary on HNIC and together they have aired at least 20 Stanley Cup Finals.
- His former co-host includes Gary Dornhöfer, Mickey Redmond, Dick Irvin Jr., Greg Millen, and Garry Galley.
- In addition, Bob was a successful curler and played in 1971 and 1975 as a skipper for the Newfoundland team.
- He also participated in the Canadian Mixed Championships in 1965 and 1973.
- One of the most well-known broadcasters in the Hockey Nights is Craig Simpson.
- Bob is active on the Twitter account only. Therefore, he has 12.5k followers on his Twitter account.