Benjamin Dube Bio, Age, Education, Songs, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Wife
Facts of Benjamin Dube
|Full Name:||Benjamin Dube|
|Birth Date:||January 23, 1962|
|Net Worth||$110 million|
|Education||Daliwonga Secondary School|
|Father||Reverend Benjamin Dube (Senior)|
|Mother||Mrs. Grace Dube. Bonani Benjamin Dube|
|Kids||Mthokozisi Dube, Sihle Dube, and Buhle Dube.|
|Benjamin Dube Twitter|
|Benjamin Dube Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Benjamin Dube|
Benjamin Dube is a reputed South African gospel songwriter, singer, music producer, and pastor. He is also reputed as the last-born son of the late Reverend Benjamin Dube (Senior) and Mrs. Grace Dube.
What is the Age of Benjamin Dube?
Benjamin Dube was born in Johannesburg, South Africa on 23 January 1962 as Bonani Benjamin Dube. As of 2022, Dube is 60 years old. He is of African nationality and belongs to the black ethnic group. Moreover, he is the last born son of five children of the late Reverend Benjamin Dube (Senior) and Mrs. Grace Dube.
Benjamin Dube’s Family and Education
He and his siblings grew up in Meadowlands, Soweto, in a Christian and musical family attending church. Similarly, his father was a guitarist and his mother was a singer.
At the age of just 9, he developed a love of playing the guitar. By the time when he was 11 years old, he started playing drums and bass guitar. His mother, Grace used to teach them to sing and even to harmonize them. Then they started singing in the church as Dube Family Singers and Benjamin played the guitar and sang at the age of 12 in 1974.
Schooling of Benjamin Dube
At that time, the young Benjamin used to sing a hit song called “Oh Happy Day” by Edwin Hawkins in his father’s tent meetings. But sadly, when he was just 14 years old, his father was murdered. Talking about his educational background he went to Daliwonga Secondary School. And he took a Degree in Psychology.
Who is Benjamin Dube’s Wife?
Talking about his personal life, Benjamin is a married man. He was married to Mapila Thabile Dube. The couple has four sons. Before his marriage to Mapila, he was divorced twice. So, he uses his experience to counsel people regarding marriage. The three sons of Benjamin are the part of Dube brothers. They are Mthokozisi Dube, Sihle Dube, and Buhle Dube.
What is Benjamin Dube’s Net worth and Salary as of 2022?
Benjamin falls under the richest celebrity. As of 2019, his estimated net worth of Benjamin is about $110 million in 2022. He made this huge sum of earnings from not only the singing but also from many other works that he is engaged in. Moreover, he has also developed a business partnership with Sony, Spirit Music, Gallo, EMI, BMG, SAMRO, SARRAL, and RISA. This also has earned him a decent sum of money.
Benjamin Dube has been a guest on several national television and radio programs and has made news in every newspaper and magazine in South Africa. Moreover, in December 2004, Sunday Sun Newspaper named him the most influential celebrity of the month with integrity.
Dube’s Career Besides Music
He is not only a singer but also an influential speaker. He has spoken in president Nelson Mandela’s “Freedom of the City” award presentation also. Similarly, in 2009 he founded Artist Hope Arise (AHA) and also co-founded God’s worshiper’s Convocation (GWC).
Benjamin is the founder and CEO of High Praise Centre in Boksburg, Johannesburg: a non-profit organization that addresses the spiritual needs of men, women, and children. Next, he is the owner of Dube Connection; a music label licensing to SonyBMG and Spirit Music.
Dube’s Musical Career (Songs)
- After the death of his father in 1977, his family went to tour in the Netherlands.
- And while on tour in the Netherlands, their mother shared with them how their father had been murdered.
- This reality inspired them to record the album “Vader verge he then” – Dutch, meaning “Father forgive them” – composed by the young Bonani Benjamin Dube.
- Again in 1979, the family recorded another album “Amen” under a local label.
- After that, in 1980 while at Daliwonga Secondary School, he founded a singing group, “Share the Good News”.
- Then, Benjamin entered a SABC talent search competition and won the 1st prize, and got a Stereo Cassette player and grocery hamper from OK Bazaar.
- well, in that SABC talent search, he was spotted by a secular artist by the name of Sello “Chicco” Twala.
- After that, Chicco was about to start a pop band called “Image“.
- He also invited Benjamin Dube to become the lead vocalist for the band.
- Then, that was the start of a fruitful relationship between Benjamin Dube and Chicco Twala. Moving forward, together with Image, they did three projects in which Benjamin wrote one song called “Valencia“. Then later in 1984/85, Benjamin recorded a family album – “We Pray for Love” followed by his 1st single – “I Live Joyfully“.
- After that, in 1986, he began the journey of his calling into ministry when he recorded the single, ‘HOLY SPIRIT’ as Benjamin and The Youth Choir.
- Then again, in 1988, he released another album “EBENEZER” featuring the late Lucky Dube with Gallo Records.
- However, thirteen years later he cut a deal with Harmony Records in New York USA under Epic record label and recorded his first live album – “I Feel Like Going On” which sold over platinum in RSA only.