August Alsina Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Girlfriend, Height
American R&B and hip-hop singer who has released a number of mixtapes including his debut in 2011 called Untitled and 2013’s The Product 2.
What is the Age of August Alsina?
August Alsina was born August Anthony Alsina Jr. in the United States on September 3, 1992. As of 2022, he is 30 years old under the birth sign Virgo. He was born to parents, Sheila Alsina and August Alsina Sr. He has three brothers Melvin La’Branch III, Travis Labranch, and Jamal Labranch.
Additionally, his childhood was rough as both his father and stepfather battling crack cocaine addiction. Later, his mother moved him to Houston, Texas. Eventually, he was kicked out after he had disagreements with his mother. However, his brother Melvin La’Branch III was shot and killed on August 31, 2010.
August holds an American nationality. He belongs to an African-American ethnic background. Talking about his education, Alsina attended Worthing High School located in Worthing, West Sussex.
Who is August Alsina’s Girlfriend?
August Alsina was previously involved in a relationship with model Analicia Chaves in April 2014. He also linked romantically with Nicki Minaj at one point in his career. However, their personal difference made a crack in their relationship.
August has also been linked with actress Regina Hall, Miracle Watts, and Jada Smith’s mom, Adrienne Banfield-Jones. At present, August is believed to be single.
How much is August Alsina’s Net Worth and Salary?
August Alsina’s net worth is estimated to be around $4 million as of 2022. His significant source of earnings is his professional recording and singing career.
August has a height of 6 feet 1 inch and weighs 79 kg. Furthermore, his hair color is black and his eye color is dark brown.
Music from 2013
Moreover, on October 4, 2013, another remix of ‘I Luv This Shit’ was released for digital download in the United States which featured American singer, songwriter, and actor Trey Songz an American singer, songwriter, and dancer Chris Brown.
His single titled ‘Ghetto’ from ‘Downtown: Life Under the Gun’ featured in an urban contemporary playlist on December 9, 2013, and remained the most added single on urban modern radio till the week’s end on December 12.
Afterward, on April 15, 2014, he released his debut studio album ‘Testimony’ and dedicated it to Melvin. The album included ‘I Luv This Shit’, its remix, and ‘Ghetto’ among others received kudos from music critics and jumped at #2 on the Billboard 200. Till November 2015, it sold 287,000 copies in the US.
In August 2014, he was featured on the cover of ‘XXL magazine’ and was named as part of its 2014 freshmen class. Further, August’s second studio album titled ‘This Thing Called Life’ was released on December 11, 2015. It made its debut on Billboard at #14 and sold 41,000 copies in the US in the first week.
Career & Songs
- He got noticed by Atlanta-based independent American management and production company ‘NNTME MuCo.’, also known as ‘Noontime’ as a result of this, he relocated to Atlanta in 2011 and became more devoted to his musical career.
- Although an ‘Untitled’ mixtape of Alsina comprising of six acoustic covers came out in October 2011, he released his debut mixtape titled ‘The Product’ in April 2012.
- It consisted of twelve tracks. The two other mixtapes of Alsina that came out in 2012 were ‘August Alsina University’ and ‘Throwback’.
- On February 19, 2013, ‘Def Jam Recordings released the R&B song of Alsina titled ‘I Luv This Shit’ as the first single from his first EP titled ‘Downtown: Life Under the Gun’ (2013).
- Released as a digital download the song is about partying with drugs and alcohol features American rapper, Trinidad James.
- In May 2013 a remix of ‘I Luv This Shit’ titled ‘I Luv This Shit (G-Mix)’, featuring American rapper Birdman came out.
- Likewise, another mixtape of Alsina came out that month titled ‘The Product 2’.
- On August 20, 2013, his debut EP ‘Downtown: Life Under the Gun’ was released by ‘Radio Killa Records’ and ‘Def Jam Recordings’. The album comprises 8 tracks including ‘I Luv This Shit’ featuring artists like Rich Homie Quan, Trinidad James, Currency, and Kidd Kidd.
FAQs of August Alsina
Is August Alsina Mexican?
No, August is not Mexican. He was born in the United States of America.
Did August Alsina retire?
Yes, August retired from the music industry in September 2021.
How tall is August Alsina?
August stands at the height of 5 feet 11 inches with matching body weight.