Who is Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Wife? His Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Kids, Height
Anthony Dirrell is an American professional boxer who was a two-time WBC super-middleweight champion, having held the title in the year 2019 and previously from 2014 to 2015.
Early Life with a Brother
Anthony Dirrell opened his eyes on 14th October 1984, in Flint, Michigan, the United States of America. As of 2022, his age is 39 years old while his horoscope is Libra. He is the son of Willie Dirrell (father) and Lola Dirrell (mother).
He grew up with his brother, Andre Dirrell who is also a professional boxer, the 2004 Olympic bronze medalist. The two brothers were trained by their grandfather, Leon Lawson Sr who was a former sparring partner of Muhammad Ali. Anthony holds an American nationality and belongs to a white ethnical background.
WBC contention, injury
After Badou Jack vacated the WBC super-middleweight title, Mauricio Sulaiman, the WBC president ordered Anthony to face Callum Smith for the vacant belt. Due to Callum’s entry into the World Boxing Super Series, it was announced the fight for the vacant title would be between Anthony and David Benavidez. The WBC announced on 5th August, that he would be unable to compete due to injury and the bout for the vacant world title would be between David and Ronald Gavril.
Who is Anthony Dirrell Wife?
Anthony Dirrell is a happily married man. He tied the wedding knot to his wife Shondrika Dirrell in an intimate wedding. The couple shares three sons together including twins. Once Anthony spoke about involving his wife in his serious conversation about retirement win, lose, or draw against David Benavidez.
What is Anthony Dirrell Net Worth?
Anthony Dirrell has an estimated net worth of around $100k as of 2022 which he earned through his career as a professional boxer.
Height and Weight
Anthony Dirrell stands at a tall height of 6 feet 2 inches while his body weight is around 76 kg. Dirrell’s hair and eyes are black in color.
Anthony is quite active on various sorts of social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- On 27th January 2005, Anthony Dirrell made his professional debut against Henry Dukes.
- Later, he had his next fight against Dewayne Warren on 11th February 2005.
- He knocked Dewayne down twice in round one and twice again in round two and Dirrell won by TKO.
- Anthony had his third fight against Larry Brothers in which he won by TKO in the second round.
- After that, he had his fourth fight against Mike Walther knocking him out in the first round.
- On 13th August 2005, he had his fifth fight against Gabriel Rivera. Though Gabriel was unbeaten in four fights, Anthony won by TKO in the second.
- Anthony had his sixth fight against Kevin Butts in which Dirrell knocked him out in the first round.
- He had his seventh fight against Chris Grays in which Anthony won by TKO in the first round.
- He had his eighth fight against Juan Carlos Ramos in which Dirrell won by TKO in the first round.
- Anthony had his ninth fight against James Morrow on 23rd June 2006 in which Dirrell won by TKO in the first round.
- He won this fight in impressive fashion as he first knocked down James with a huge right hand to the head, then followed up with a flurry in which Dirrell hit Morrow with a perfect left hook to the body which blew James’s mouthpiece out.
- Further, his tenth fight was against Billy Thompson in which he won by unanimous decision in 6 rounds.
- On 24th April 2015, he debuted with Premier Boxing Champions vs Badou Jack at the UIC Pavilion in Chicago, IL.
- On 12th December 2013, Anthony faced champion Sakio Bika at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York for the WBC Super Middleweight title.
- After that, his next fight was on 24th April 2015 against Badou Jack at the UIC Pavilion in Chicago.
FAQs of Anthony Dirrell
Who is Anthony Dirrell?
Dirrell is an American professional boxer who was a two-time WBC super-middleweight champion, having held the title in the year 2019 and previously from 2014 to 2015.
When was Anthony Dirrell born?
Dirrell opened his eyes on 14th October 1984, in Flint, Michigan, the United States of America.