Biography & Personal Life of John Witherspoon’s wife Angela Robinson-Witherspoon
Facts of Angela Robinson- Witherspoon
|Full Name:||Angela Robinson- Witherspoon|
|Birth Date:||August 26, 1954|
|Husband||John Witherspoon (m. 1988–2019)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Kids||John David “JD” Witherspoon, Alexander Witherspoon|
|View more / View less Facts of Angela Robinson- Witherspoon|
American actress & director, Angela Robinson Witherspoon is famously known as the wife of actor and comedian John Witherspoon. Her late husband is well-known for his role as Willie Jones for the Friday series.
Early Life of Angela Robinson
On August 26, 1954, Angela Robinson was born in the U.S.A. She is an American citizenship holder who belongs to mixed ethnicity.
Angela Robinson Witherspoon Married Life With Her Husband
Angela happily married her husband John Witherspoon until his death. She is the widow of her husband. Currently, she is living a single life after the death of her husband. The couple married life was full of happiness before the death of her husband.
Interestingly, the couple first met when she landing a role in the 1987 flick Kidnapped. After that, she met and fell in love with him. Later her husband was well-known for his comedic portrayal of father figures in movies and TV shows. Angela asked John to help her with her material when she dabbled in stand-up. Also, he not only helped her but supported her throughout her career.
After dating for several years, Angela decided to marry John. Angela exchanged the wedding vows with her husband on June 27, 1987. The couple’s wedding ceremony was a private affair. From their marital relationship, the couple welcomed two sons.
Angela with her husband welcomed a son John David “JD” Witherspoon. Then the couple was blessed with another son named Alexander Witherspoon. Among the two John kids, JD is well known for his stand-up and YouTube channel.
She has shared 32 years of married life with her husband before Witherspoon passed away on October 29.
Death of Angela Robinson Witherspoon Husband
Angela’s husband John Witherspoon died of a heart attack at his home in Sherman Oaks, California on October 29, 2019. He has died at the age of 77 years. Also, his family released a statement
“It is with the deepest sorrow that we can confirm our beloved husband and father, John Witherspoon, one of the hardest working men in show business, died today at his home in Sherman Oaks at the age of 77.”
On November 5, 2019, his funeral was held at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Hollywood Hills, California.
What is the Net Worth of Angela Robinson Witherspoon?
American actress & director, Angela Robinson Witherspoon might have earned a decent amount of worth. After the death of her husband, she became the new owner of her husband’s net worth i.e around $4 million as of 2022. He had earned this hefty amount of worth from his professional career.
In the year 1995, he had earned worth around $10,000 from working in the Friday series. After that, he collected worth around $400,000 from working in the Next Friday series in the year 2000. Then, he collected worth around $1,000,000 from working on Friday After Next series in 2002.
Professional Career of Angela Robinson Witherspoon
- Angela started her professional career as a model. Also, she often has participated in #TBT with pictures of her days as a model.
- She has featured in the early ‘80s with minor roles in movies, including the Eddie Murphy starrer 48 Hrs.
- After that, she took on theater projects based on the African-American experience.
- Then, she delved into the stand-up comedy world as well.
- Her earliest breakout role came as Monique in Jungle Warriors in the year 1984 with Paul L. Smith and Nina van Pallandt.
- Angela did her own stunts for the action-adventure movie, Robinson filmed in Mexico.
- After giving birth to her two children, she returned to acting and appeared in series like The Wayans Bros and Joan of Arcadia, as well as Criminal Minds in 2017 and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend in 2018.
- In the year 2019, she was featured in the movie Hold On and the movie EGB the Real Godson of Go-Go Music the Movie, currently in pre-production.
Career as a Director
- Angela sharpened her acting skills after working several years at Richard Lawson’s studio.
- In the year 2015, she produced and directed the documentary Last Call.
- After that, she started producing/directing credits include documentaries like Betye Saar: The Alpha & Omega and Curtsy, Mister, and the short film Wish Me Luck.