Who is Alex Pereira Girlfriend? His Bio and Net Worth 2023 | Height in Inches
A Brazilian professional mixed martial artist and former kickboxer, Alex Pereira is in the media highlight after competing in the Light Heavyweight division in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He became the first and only fighter to have held Glory titles in two weight classes by winning the middleweight and light heavyweight champions.
He earned the ranking of #2 in the UFC middleweight and #11 in the UFC men’s pound-for-pound rankings. Pereira defeated Bruno Silva via unanimous decision at UFC Fight Night 203 on March 12, 2022.
Early Life of Alex Pereira
Alex Pereira was born Alexsandro Pereira on July 7, 1987, and hails from São Bernardo do Campo, State of São Paulo, Brazil. Pereira is 36 years old as of 2023 and his sun sign is Cancer. Pereira celebrates her birthday on the 7th of July every year.
His mother is Maria Zilma and his younger sister, Aline Pereira, is a Brazilian mixed martial arts. He holds citizenship in Brazil and belongs to Indigenous ethnic background. Alex follows Christianity as a religion. He dropped out of middle school.
Alex Pereira’s Partner
He is in a relationship with a TV presenter and interviewer, Merle de la B. Alex refers to Merle as the special person in his life and often features her on his Instagram account, so he is rumored with her. Since November 2022, they are dating secretly and haven’t announced their relationship publicly.
Previously, he was married to a woman. In late 2021, he divorced his first wife and revealed that he is divorced and has two children with his ex-wife via Instagram in December 2022.
He is the father of two sons, Alessandro Vidal Silva, and Lohan Vidal Silva. He has custody of his sons after the divorce and lives with them.
Alex Pereira’s Net Worth
Pereira has an estimated net worth of around $2 million as of 2023 which he earned through his professional mixed martial artist and former kickboxer. His average salary is around $500k. He is endorsed by Roobet.com and Smilodox.
His Weight Loss Journey
He lost 47 pounds of weight via regular exercise and a balanced diet. Alex used to do battle ropes or heavy ropes, chair dips or bench dips, and dumbbell shrugs for his upper body workout followed by reverse fly, single-leg push-ups, isometric push-ups, and medicine ball planks.
His diet has a fiber diet with proteins, carbohydrates, fibers, and all crucial nutrients. He consumes a banana & blueberries smoothie, oatmeal blueberry, and French toast for his breakfast. Alex eats canned tuna, farro spinach, and kale salad for his lunch. He prefers barbequed salmon, a bowl of brown rice, seared steak, and rye panzanella for dinner.
Alex Pereira vs Jan Blachowicz
Alex and Jan faced each other in the UFC 291 on July 30, 2023. He had a weight of 205 pounds and won the fight back-and-forth fight via split decision against Jan, a former UFC Light Heavyweight champion at UFC 291. Alex has announced that he will be fighting for the Light Heavyweight division with the help of Twitter on 13 April 2023.
Alex Pereira’s Fighting Career
- Alex started fighting to fight his alcohol addiction in 2009.
- He began his kickboxing career and won the fight against Dustin Jacoby by first-round knockout in the semi-finals and earned the title of Glory 14: Zagreb – Middleweight Contender Tournament.
- He fought Yousri Belgaroui at the Glory 40 and Glory 49 Superfight Series.
- Then, he stepped into mixed martial arts professionally by fighting against Quemuel Ottoni at Jungle Fight 82 in 2015.
- He won the fight against Marcelo Cruz and Marcus Vinicius Silveira, with a KO and TKO respectively at Jungle Fight.
- After signing teh contract with UFC, he won the fight against Andreas Michailidis on November 6, 2021.
- He defeated Bruno Silva via unanimous decision in all three rounds on March 12, 2022.
- He won the match via split decision against former UFC Light Heavyweight champion Jan Błachowicz on July 29, 2023, at UFC 291.
Championship & Awards
- He won UFC Middleweight Championship and became MMAjunkie as the Knockout of the Month vs. Sean Strickland in 2022.
- In 2022, ESPN announced him as the Male Fighter of the Year.
- He received the title of Breakout Fighter of the Year by Sports Illustrated in 2022.
- He won Glory Award in the nomination for Glory Fighter of the Year in 2019.
FAQs of Alex Pereira
How tall is Alex Pereira?
Alex is 6 feet 4 inches tall and he has a body weight of around 84 kg.42-31-17 inches is his body measurement. Pereira has an alluring pair of brown eyes and hair.
Did Alex Pereira suffer from addiction?
Yes, he suffered from addiction. He started drinking alcohol by peer influence and started training kickboxing to rid his addiction in 2009.
How many times did Israel Adesanya lose to Alex Pereira?
Israel lost the fight against Alex three times. Alex won the fight categories like two kickboxing and one mixed martial arts against Israel. On April 8, 2023, Alex lost the battle against Adesanya via KO at UFC 287
Is Alex Pereira related to Michael Pereira?
No, Alex is not related to Michael Pereira. They only share the same surname and martial art profession.
Is Alex Pereira left-handed?
Yes, Alex is left-handed. He throws punches via left hand which seems quite hard than right hand.
Is Alex Pereira Southpaw or Orthodox?
Alex is Orthodox. When the fighter put his left foot in front of the right foot it is referred to as Orthodox.
What language does Alex Pereira speak?
Alex speaks Portuguese. He also speaks English with a Portuguese accent.