Adrian Gonzalez Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Wife, Kids, Height, Brother
Facts of Adrian Gonzalez
|Full Name:||Adrian Gonzalez|
|Birth Date:||May 8, 1982|
|Height:||6 feet 2 inches (1.88m)|
|Net Worth||$65 million|
|Birth Place||San Diego, California|
|Education||Eastlake High School|
|Siblings||David Jr. and Edgar|
|Kids||Brianna Belle Gonzalez|
|Adrian Gonzalez Facebook|
|Adrian Gonzalez Twitter|
|Adrian Gonzalez Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Adrian Gonzalez|
Adrian Gonzalez is a popular American-Mexican baseball player. He is widely famous for being MLB’s first baseman.
Early Life of Adrian Gonzalez
Gonzalez was born Adrian Savin Gonzalez on 8th May 1982, in San Diego, California. Currently, he is 37 years old and the star sign is Taurus. His parents are David and Alba Gonzalez. He has two brothers named David Jr., and Edgar, who was a former Big Leaguer.
Family History and Education
After his birth, the Gonzalez family went to Tijuana, where his father opened an air- conditioner company. Adrian holds an American nationality and belongs to the American-Mexican ethnicity.
Likewise, his elder brother Edgar Gonzalez is a Mexican American former professional baseball infielder. He played for the San Diego Padres and Yomiuri Giants.
Gonzalez grew up along with his brothers in Mexico, playing baseball. His father was also a player on the Mexican National Baseball Team. Later the family was located in California Bonita, turning back to the United States. He attended Eastlake High School in Chula Vista, California, where he played baseball.
Who is Adrian Gonzalez Married to?
Adrian is a happily married man. He married his girlfriend, Betsy Gonzalez. After dating for one year, the couple married. Their wedding date was in 2003 when only close friends and relatives attended the ceremony.
Moreover, the couple has two adorable daughters, one daughter’s name is Brianna Belle Gonzalez and another daughter’s name is missing. The family resides in a community named La Jolla near San Diego County. The actual first name of his wife, Betsy Gonzalez is Betzabe.
Together they founded “The Adrian and Betsy Gonzalez Foundation” which supports underprivileged youth in the areas of athletics, education, and health. Moreover, She has given a lot back to the community while her husband dazzles on the field.
Besides that, his wife, Betsy also served at the “Red Sox Foundation” and most recently, the couple donated and gave out toys to children at the East LA Annual Winter Wonderland Holiday Celebration. They still share a very strong bond together.
Apart from that, in the year 2017, Adrian along with his wife Betsy in their wedding ceremony celebrate 14 decades of marriage. They posted some pictures on Instagram about their special day. In that post, Adrian had written that Betsy made him the happiest person in this world.
Gonzalez earns a good sum of money in his career. In 2016, he listed #93 in the World’s Highest-Paid Athletes and #69 in 2015 by Forbes Magazine. The baseman purchased a $7.2 million business around La Jolla in 2010.
In addition, he also invested in a former ballplayer Bret Boone house worth $6.3m which is a 12,500 square foot estate with a seven-bedroom and nine-baths with a secluded guest house. In 2011, the Boston Red Sox hired him for a $154 million contract.
Currently, Gonzalez’s estimated net worth is around $65 million. Likewise, His annual salary of $21.85 million given to him by the Los Angeles Dodgers, for whom he currently plays in Major League Baseball.
Body Measurement (Height and Weight)
Gonzalez has a height of 6 feet 2 inches with an average weight. Similarly, he has black eyes and his hair color is also black.
- Gonzalez was a late pick-out for his schooling at Eastlake High School.
- In the year 2000, he converted the second player to get selected first overall after Alex Rodriguez.
- Moreover, in June 2003, Gonzalez was drafted first overall and given a $3 million signing bonus by the Florida Marlins.
- He was a part of the Florida Marlins from 2000- to 2003. He played for the Texas Rangers (2004–2005), and the San Diego Padres (2006–2010).
- He joined the Boston Red Sox in 2011 when he signed a seven-year $154 million contract.
- Gonzalez achieved quite a lot of fame for his game swing timings and played for teams like Gulf Coast League Marlins, Utica Blue Sox, Kane County Cougars, Albuquerque Isotopes, and Portland Sea Dogs including several more.
- Adrian is both times Gold Glove winner and the first baseman baseball player who began his career in 2004 with the Texas Rangers, also traded to San Diego Padres in 2006.
- He also won the label on ‘Most Valuable Player’ and has been drafted by Boston Red Sox in 2011.
- He also received the chance to play in the All-Star Futures Game.
- In his second professional season with A-level Kane County Cougars within 127 games, he achieved 312 with 17 home runs and 103 RBIs.
- Likewise, on May 5, 2017, Gonzalez was located on the 10-day disabled list due to right elbow soreness.
- It was the beginning time in his MLB career that he was set on the DL.